It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:20 am

Free Newsletter

Help me start 2008 with some good diet/fitness tips

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Help me start 2008 with some good diet/fitness tips

Postby Jordan » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:50 pm

I am so full from Christmas (really let myself go) and I want to start a new healthier lifestyle in 2008. My motivation is that we are going on holidays in June and I want to wear a bikini and buy new clothes in size 10.

So ... I've got 10kg to lose in 5 months, now I need some help to address my weaknesses which are: Alcohol, lollies, no breakfast, no fruit, taking it easy at the Gym.

Can anyone give me any tips on how to address these weaknesses and any other tips to help me lose these kgs???
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjK6k6m/]
[/url]
Jordan

Postby Fiona25 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:14 pm

Here are some of my ideas - I hope they help!

Alcohol - don't put yourself in a postion where there is plenty of it. Eg, stay away from pubs, bars etc, and if you want to catch up with friends, try go to a coffee shop or something instead. If you do want to have a drink, find something that is the lowest in calories and if for example you like vodka, have it with juice instead of fizzy drink.

Lollies - these are one of my major weaknesses too! When I first start on my diet/life change I allowed myself some lollies. Now I eat plenty of sweet kinds of fruit which really take the cravings away. If I do end up caving, I try and have something from the natural confectionary company.

No breakfast - another one of my weaknesses! I just force myself to eat. Even if its a banana, its something! You need to eat something first thing in the morning to kick start your metabolism. What about a breakfast bar, small bowl of cereal etc?

No fruit - Can't help much here because I love fruit. Do you not like the taste or just prefer to eat other stuff? Try and go for the sweet types of fruit such as mangos, strawberries, rasberries, lychies, passionfruit etc. A big fruit salad is a good way too. Add in all season fruits such as apple, banana etc, then add your favourites, then drizzle with passionfruit. Even if you add some low fat yogurt or even low fat ice-cream with it just until you get used to eating it.

Taking it easy at the gym. A few ideas here. You could talk to the employers there and tell them to watch you and to push you on. You could join some sort of class to keep you going with others, mix it up with other types of exercise such as swimming, bike riding etc to keep it fun.

Good luck and I hope that helps you a bit!
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:32 am

I agree with Fiona's tip about fruit. A good way to start enjoying fruit is to cut it up and mix it into a fruit salad. Unfortunately preparation takes a little time, but it's makes a much more appealing snack than a whole apple if you're not into fruit just yet.

If you don't have the time to prepare an entire fruit salad, just cut a piece of fruit, such as an apple, into slices. My dad used to go to Gut-buster meetings where they served fruit as a snack. When the fruit was left whole barely any of the members ate any. When it was cut up it was all gone by the end of the meeting.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Post baby fat » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:53 pm

Hows it going evilwombatqueen?

My advice is, don't think of what you're doing as a "diet" think of it as a "lifestyle change". I know from my personal experience everytime I say the word DIET all i can think about is all the foods i'm not allowed to eat and when i do eat them I feel like a failure and because i've slipped up i just continue to eat bad.
Since changing the word DIET to LIFESTYLE change I find eating healthier so much more easier. If I eat a bad lunch I just make sure i eat a really good dinner. I find the more I deprive myself of something the more I want it and the more I'll eat of it so just make sure 90-95% of your meals are healthy and allow for that TREAT every now and then to avoid binging later on.

-Shop on the out side of the isles. That's where all the healthly stuff is.

- Switch to wholemeal bread or if you need to adjust to the taste make a sandwich using one slice of white and one slice of brown.

- if you don't like eating breakfast or are to busy too then buy those up and go drinks, they are full of fibre and contain calcuim and have other minerals too.

-If you can only shop once a week and make a shopping list. also try never to go after work because thats when your likely to buy junk food.

-if you use an MP3 player at the gym put some music on thier that makes you feel sexy. example: don't chya pussy cat dolls. It makes me work out harder because I pretend to be one of them skinny girls dancing around. Stupid I know but works for me. :roll:

-If you have a terrible photo of yourself stick it on the fridge right at your eye level. Its amazing how it'll make you think twice about what your about to eat.

cant think of anything else just now but hoped I helped.

Post baby fat
Post baby fat

Return to Weight loss Talk