It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:02 pm

Free Newsletter

I need to start again

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I need to start again

Postby faith_may » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:27 pm

For the last few weeks, I've been aeting anything I want and now doing my diet.
I don't know what's wrong with me, I was doing so good.
I know doing diet doing hollidays is hard but I have to get back on my diet and start to go walking again.
I need to loose all the over weight because I have to get a surgery done, I was going to have it done,(this January), but now I had no choice but to change the date again.
I have one year to loose the over weight and now I lost my motivation, I need to find it again.

Please help me find it again, the surgery I need it's to remove a cyst from my gall bladder (vesicle), I can't have the surgery done with so much over weight, because is not healthy for me and I would be in much more risk than a person with a normal over weight. If I dont' have the surgery done, I would just keep getting sick and sick all the time, I need to change that, but I don't know why I don't have a motivation strong enough to get back to my diet. I don't know what's wrong with me, I know that the surgery is a strong motivation, but I just don't know why I'm not strong as I use to be.
faith_may

Postby Fiona25 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:44 pm

First of all, losing motivation is only being human! We all go through losing motivation in various parts of our lives, even though we have so much incentive to stay on track, its so easy to fall off the wagon. Whether its losing weight, quitting smoking, saving money etc.

One thing I find that works is to sit down infront of the mirror and talk to yourself - seriously! Go through the reasons why you want to lose weight and be healthier - face to face with yourself.

The next thing is to have a support network. You know you have one here, but family and friends as well.

Think of helping your body. By eating bad food and not exercising your body has to work 5 x harder - love your body and help it!

Set yourself goals. Make it easy for yourself. Make the first one a small 2kg goal and then treat yourself to something non food related. Be it some hand weights, predometer, haircut etc. Then maybe make the next one a 5kg goal for something even better than the first goal.

Exercise generally makes you feel GOOD afterwards, releasing endorphins and all, so make yourself do something each day...even if its just a small walk.

If you have a craving, try coming on here first to see if we can help you through it.

Take charge hun, you CAN do this!!!
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby faith_may » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:42 pm

Thanks, I really appreciate the support
faith_may

Return to Weight loss Talk