It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:50 am

Free Newsletter

Have put nearly all the weight back on again!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Have put nearly all the weight back on again!!

Postby pinnky » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:36 pm

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum but feel like I might have found somewhere that understands my problem!
I went on Tony Ferguson diet last year and lost nearly 20kgs which was great but towards the end I just wanted to eat some food again and basically lost motivation.
I can not believe how fast the weight has piled back on again, I wonder if the diet has completely stuffed my metabolism!!
Now I am so depressed and angry at myself as I lost sooo much and have just gone and turned into a blob again.
I havent put it all back on but I just dont know how to stop this.
Yes I get it, eat less and exercise more, if only it were that easy :(
pinnky

Postby pinnky » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:15 am

Well I have had a little trip around the forums and have found so much good advice, I am feeling much more motivated already. Will regularly check back I think.
I have decided to start a food diary and force myself to see just how badly I am eating these days.
Mind you it didnt help receiving a very large food hamper full of chockies etc for Christmas. Yikes!
pinnky

Postby Fiona25 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:39 am

First of all, a big welcome to the forum!

We all know that in order to lose weight we have to eat well and exercise but its not that easy as you have said! We're human so that = cravings, excuses, not caring in the moment etc.

I don't think there is a quick fix answer to change motivation but this forum is a great place to start as well as figuring out ways to keep you motivated.

One of which is setting yourself mini goals with non food related treats at the end. Eg, lose 2kgs and treat yourself to a massage/hair cut etc.

You can do this! We're all here for you!
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby phatcappy » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:06 pm

problem with meal replacement diets is that they only work while you are on them. Once you stop and resume to your old habbits, you will put the weight back on much faster than you originally did
Start Weight: 109 Kg's

Current Weight: 91.2 Kg's

Mini Goal Weight:90 Kg's

Ultimate Goal Weight: 83 Kg's
phatcappy

Postby GoddessInside » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:24 pm

phatcappy wrote:problem with meal replacement diets is that they only work while you are on them. Once you stop and resume to your old habbits, you will put the weight back on much faster than you originally did

Not necessarily.

Im on the meal replacements and often have days where I dont have a single shake. This was the case leading up to Christmas. I actually lost 100 grams. It's a matter of just re educating yourself, knowing how many calories you are on when consuming the meal replacements so that you can convert those calories to food and of course maintain your exercise.
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby help6363 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:06 pm

GoddessInside wrote:
phatcappy wrote:problem with meal replacement diets is that they only work while you are on them. Once you stop and resume to your old habbits, you will put the weight back on much faster than you originally did

Not necessarily.

Im on the meal replacements and often have days where I dont have a single shake. This was the case leading up to Christmas. I actually lost 100 grams. It's a matter of just re educating yourself, knowing how many calories you are on when consuming the meal replacements so that you can convert those calories to food and of course maintain your exercise.

I agree with Helen.

I used meal replacements for a while to kick start my weight loss and then changed to calorie counting. It worked wonders and I did not put the weight back on when I started calorie counting.

I do believe that it is harder to use meal replacements rather than calorie count. I don't have the willpower to stick to meal replacements........ I am not that strong!
help6363

Postby mummy2three » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:50 pm

Welcome to the forum Pinnky :D. I think we are all very familiar with how quickly all your hard work/dieting can come undone. The weight creeps back on with most of us only noticing until our pants are at busting point :lol:.

Please don't beat yourself up over it. You've taken the first steps to a slimmer you. This forum is full of really supportive, motivating people looking to achieve the same goal.

Best wishes for the future, look forward to seeing your progress.

Lane xo
On a mission to return to 'PRE-BABY' glory days!
My loves Frazer 8, Clay 7 & Harper 2

mummy2three

Postby yoyogirl88 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:58 am

Heya,
Welcome. Boyo do I know how you feel i lost 21 Kgs last year with a full Herbal Detox Program. I out on most of that since I stopped eating like that. Good Luck this time and couting calories will teach you what your limit is.

yoyogirl
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Re: Have put nearly all the weight back on again!!

Postby help6363 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:04 pm

pinnky wrote:Hi everyone, I am new to this forum but feel like I might have found somewhere that understands my problem!
I went on Tony Ferguson diet last year and lost nearly 20kgs which was great but towards the end I just wanted to eat some food again and basically lost motivation.
I can not believe how fast the weight has piled back on again, I wonder if the diet has completely stuffed my metabolism!!
Now I am so depressed and angry at myself as I lost sooo much and have just gone and turned into a blob again.
I havent put it all back on but I just dont know how to stop this.
Yes I get it, eat less and exercise more, if only it were that easy :(

Oh......I forgot to say WELCOME!!

I lost 40kgs and then put it back on and had to start again! I was so angry and depressed.....so I know how you feel, BIG HUGS!!!

Just remember.....if you did it once you can do it again. Just try to learn from this exprience....ie: what were your pitfalls? How can you prevent this from happening again? Well, that's what I did!

What approach to weight loss are you taking this time?

Hang in there.......I know you can lose 20kgs ........I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT! :D
help6363

Return to Weight loss Talk