It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:03 am

Free Newsletter

Ab wheel

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Ab wheel

Postby dhrubo » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:03 pm

Hi everybody,
I just need to know a few things about the ab wheels so please put your views.
I just have heard enough about the ab wheel in the Telivision as well as in the internet.
Many suggest that it is the ultimate ab sclupting device and it helps in loosing th belly fat quickly.I also found a lot of possitive reviews in the net where people has claimed that they have lost around 10-15lbs in one month using the ab wheel.I bought one today and will start using it from tommorow.
So I just need to know that all that is said about ab wheel is true?Does it really help to reduce the belly fat?or is it just a crap?

please reply..................
dhrubo

Postby Fiona25 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:03 pm

I can't say for sure, but these are my thoughts.

Any ab exercise is machine is great for toning the muscles, but in order for those muscles to show you have to lose the excess fat surrounding that area.

Always in those adds on TV in tiny little writing down the bottom where they want you to deliberately miss it, they say that it should be used in conjunction with a balanced diet and exercise.

Use it for sure, but you will have to do cardio such as running, walking, swimming etc to lose the fat before your new stomach muscles show.
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby dhrubo » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:45 pm

Thanx for your replies Fiona.I am 22, my height:5 ft 8 inches and weight:198 lbs.My work out routine consists of 20 minutes jumping rope,20 minutes yoga and then 3 sets of ab wheel where every set is of 10 repititions.I have cut down the fats from my diet and basically my diet is full of vegetables and fruits along with a little carbohydrate.

Now what i actually fear is weather the ab wheel excercise will result in gaining more weight.
dhrubo

Postby Juddy » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:41 am

Remember the Tummy-Roller?

We bought one ages ago, it didn't work miracles, you might as well do normal sit-ups and other ab exercises on the floor.

The gym has many machines that help, but I usually end up on the floor doing them - or using an exercise ball etc
Juddy

Postby Fiona25 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:13 am

You're on the right path re diet and exercise so well done!

The ab wheel won't make you gain weight...well, you may gain weight from the muscle, but not the fat. Don't stress, you're doing all the right things!
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Return to Weight loss Talk