It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:41 am

Free Newsletter

Can I ask?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Can I ask?

Postby help6363 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:05 am

Hello beautiful people! :D

Cause I am nosey......I just wanted to ask a couple of questions.......if you have time to answer that would be great! :D If not, that's okay :D

1. What made you decide to lose weight? Did a situation occur, something said or so forth?

2. What is one thing that has really helped you on your weight loss journey?

3. Do you feel proud of what you have achieved to date?

4. What qualities do you think a person needs to have to be successful at weight loss?

THANKS! Have a great day! :D
help6363

Postby Fiona25 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:26 am

1. . What made you decide to lose weight? Did a situation occur, something said or so forth?

I just realised that if I was slimmer i'd look better and feel better and wouldn't have to choose clothes on the basis of what made me look fat - I want to be able to wear what I want!

Honestly? This forum. This place has be so motivated. Keeping a food and exercise diary on here has really helped because its made me work towards what I want to be able write in there.

Its not much, but yes I do :)

4. What qualities do you think a person needs to have to be successful at weight loss?

Knowledge of what is good and bad in terms of diet. Willpower to exercise, willing to change your lifestyle.

[/b]
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby GoddessInside » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:27 am

Good thread Michelle !

My answers are as follows:

1. Just wanted to be healthy, I've been overweight all my life, so I just got fed up. Plus we want to start a family asap, thats my main motivator at the moment.

2. I would definitely have to say this forum and hubby. Without the continued support that I receive from ALL of you. I probably would have given up.

3. Absolutely ! I was pretty chuffed when one of Dave's mate's commented last night at bowling !

Im also proud that I havent given up yet and Im perservering :)

4. Willpower, Remain Focussed, Determination & Perserverance.
Pretty self explanatory :D
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Fiona25 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:30 am

Ooooohhhhhh Helen, you got a comment - awesome :D

What was it? C'mon share it!!!!

Fiona25

Postby GoddessInside » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:44 am

He told Dave that Im looking good and much fitter and that I seem to be more confident :D
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Fiona25 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:13 am

That is SO great Helen! I bet that pumped you right up!

When other people start noticing (especially men :shock: ) you know you're doing well!

Fiona25

Postby Mandie » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:12 am

1. What made you decide to lose weight? Did a situation occur, something said or so forth?

1. I can't really remember, but I think I just realised that the way I was going, I wouldn't be able to fit into even "fat girl" shops clothing anymore... and I didn't know what to do after that!

2. Initially I saw a dietician, and she was great. Keeping a food/exercise diary always works for me, and belonging to the gyms so I can change up the exercises. The main thing this time is my boyfriend Joel though, he is amazingly supportive :)

3. Yes! Very proud! I lost around 30kg back in 2004, and for the most part have kept it off, gaining back around 10kg or so over the past year.. but now on the losing path again and I know I can lose the rest!

4. I think anyone can do it, but they have to really WANT to - you need great support around you, you need to be confident and you need to be able to pick yourself up and keep going when you feel like it's all useless and not working!
Mandie

Postby sassi » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:36 am

1. What made you decide to lose weight? Did a situation occur, something said or so forth? it was two sets of pictures that really spurred me on. i knew i'd been putting on more & more weight but didn't realise how much till i saw those photos. my weight has been up & down for years - i didn't realise that i'd been around 80 for years till i read an old diary from about 10 years ago & i'd been down to around 76 then. but these photos are both from 2005 and were the reason i picked up the phone & made an appt to see a pt!

2. What is one thing that has really helped you on your weight loss journey? going to a pt. i stopped for a year & put on all the weight i'd lost, plus a couple of extra kgs. there's no getting away from the fact that it's exercising hard that really makes the difference for me.

3. Do you feel proud of what you have achieved to date? if i'd stayed on track, yes. but as it is i feel really disappointed in myself for wasting a year.

4. What qualities do you think a person needs to have to be successful at weight loss? i think you need to have a strong belief that you will achieve your goal and the ability to be really honest with yourself.
sassi

Re: Can I ask?

Postby lng86 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:04 am

help6363 wrote:

Answers:

1) I turned 21 and realised that I was unhappy with my appearance. I think that I reflected on what I looked like... And finally decided to do something about my weight. I was coming of age... And wanted certain things to change!!!

2) The main thing that has really helped me has been the support and encouragement I have received... Definitely from all of you - and of course my friends and family. My personal trainers have been TERRIFIC! I wouldn't be 35kg lighter if it wasn't for their continual love and support.

3) Yes, I do feel proud. Probably not as proud as I should be... But that is because in my mind I still have a long way to go! What I've most definitely learnt is that losing weight is not just about the kilos lost!!!

4) I person needs determination and courage. They also need to prepare for success!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby Juddy » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:15 am

I've been overweight all my life, it wasn't until I started school and was getting teased/bullied that I actually realised that I was overweight, obese even! Before that I just accepted who I was.

The bullying got worse, and at around 16 my parents told me about Atkins and I gave it a go, lost weight, but then people told me to treat myself... I gained weight again and after 2 years was worse than before.

Just after school finished around September 2005, I decided "enough!" and I haven't stopped working hard since!

Myself! I know it's sad to say, but last time I lost weight, I listened to people who would basically say "You've done so well, have a pizza" - I've struggled over the last couple of years because people don't respect my goals. I'll go to the gym 4 times a week on a bodybuilding program and they'll call you a junkie, you drink protein shakes and healthy food while declining offers off pizza and chocolate, and they'll go "Come on!"

I've had support from some, but it feels like most are just trying to hold me back from a six pack!

I do. But I don't want to get too proud. One reason is that I want to keep going until I've reached my goal, another is I think if I get too proud, I might become arrogant, and I hate arrogance!

Determination, motivation and confidence in your ability to acheive anything.
Juddy

Postby electrongirl » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:20 am

My 20's have been a rollercoaster of weight loss and gain. So this is something I have been doing for a long time.

Support from my husband.

Not really as I weigh the same as I did at the beginning of the year so my weightloss has been pretty lame. But at least I didn't gain any more.

A good support network
A good plan
Motivation and determination.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Misstoodles » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:09 pm

I'd always wanted to but felt I couldn't because my doctor at one point told me (during the worst of my depression) that it would be very difficult for me to lose weight. After being cheated on, I felt extremely ugly and figured my appearance was the reason people would be unfaithful - screw what the doctor said, I'm going to try and lose the weight. Sure enough it has been coming off normally. I plan on visiting my doctor when I've lost another 10kg.

I've really relied alot on the support here, the motivation and inspiration I get from everyone is immense, and I couldn't thank all of you enough. You've become almost a family of people who know what its like.

I do, but on the same hand, I feel ashamed I havn't achieved more in this time. I just keep reminding myself that if I weigh less than I did this time last year - Then I'm doing well.

They need to be willing to learn how the body functions and be realistic and know that there isn't a quick means of doing this. You need to be willing to make the changes.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFyKFbn/]
[/url]
Misstoodles

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:05 pm

1. What made you decide to lose weight?

Photos taken of me at my sister's wedding. *shudder*

This forum, CalorieKing.com.au and my wonderful, supporting fiance!

Yes. I tend to focus on the weight I haven't lost rather than the weight I have lost though.

Sheer bloody-mindedness! I think you have to be very stubborn to be able to change your patterns of eating and exercise in order to lose weight.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:28 pm

My friend Fi went on Weight Watchers, and was telling me about it and I was thinking "Oh I'd never be able to do that", and my best friend, Zoe said that we should join. I was like "Hrmm yeah maybe", not intending to. Then I went to buy new jeans at Jeans West and had to get a size 18. That was pretty much my 'moment'!!

This forum has helped incredibly!!! Support from my friends, my mum in particular (although at times I've wanted to strangle her for being a bit TOO supportive and watching me like a hawk!!!), the Calorie King website with the food diary has been invaluable. My heart rate monitor for measuring how hard I'm working and how many kilojoules I'm burning.

Oh, you said one thing? :P I'd have to say this forum is probably #1. The support I've gotten here is amazing!!!

Incredibly. Sometimes I can hardly believe it!!! It doesn't feel real!!

Willpower, determination, a desire to respect them self and their body.
zeedeveelgirl

Postby help6363 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:05 pm

Thanks for the replies beautiful people! :D

I hope you all have a great day
help6363

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk