It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:11 pm

Free Newsletter

Can I ask?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Cougar » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:58 pm

What made you decide to lose weight? Did a situation occur, something said or so forth?

I saw myself on a dvd and that's all i needed to see to get me moving off my butt!

2. What is one thing that has really helped you on your weight loss journey?

Having a good looking male personal trainer has helped me a lot along the way. He's extra motivation to do well.

3. Do you feel proud of what you have achieved to date?

Hell yeah, it's been a long hard slog - but definately worth it. I would never go back to the weight I was before!

4. What qualities do you think a person needs to have to be successful at weight loss?

Determination, persistence, hard work ethic, respect for themselves and their body.

Kim
xxx
SW: 92
CW: 86
GW: 65
Total Loss: 92, 90, 89.3, 88.6, 87.9, 86.4, 86
Cougar

Postby ProudMumOf1 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:22 pm

1. What made you decide to lose weight? Did a situation occur, something said or so forth?
I gained weight from being pregnant and having my bub. Before this I have actually been overweight my whole life. Until I finish High School I made the choice to lose weight and I did and I dropped 30kg. Now that I have put most of it back on, I'm determined to get my body back on track as I feel so much better about myself when it is.

Remembering what I used to feel like. Looking at old photos. Wanting my little girl to have a heathy and fit mum who can run around and play with her. Feel more confident, sexy and enjoy clothes shopping again. OH I just realised you asked for one reason :oops:

Well, I havn't lost much but I feel proud that I keep trying and that I don't give up when I fall off.

4. What qualities do you think a person needs to have to be successful at weight loss?
Motivation. Will power. Determination. Strong mind. A need to really want it.
Jennifer (Single Mum) 22

SW - 93kg on 12.01.08
CW - 84.3kg on 29.03.08
GW - 65kg

3rd MINI GOAL - 78kg (15kg lost) = $50 into Clothing Kitty ($150 TTL)
ProudMumOf1

Postby Mish » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:41 pm

1. What made you decide to lose weight? Did a situation occur, something said or so forth?
My friend gave me the speech about people should accept you the way you are, those that don't are not worth the unhappiness... it was at that point I realised I don't accept myself the weight I am and I am definitely not happy.

Believing in myself and the fact that I found this forum for that added boost of support and advice.

Have only just started on my journey so the thought of achievement in the future is great motivation.

Belief in yourself, idea of what you want to achieve and how - use a planner or diary, some sort of support for those tough times.
mish xx

Mish

Postby grugwashere » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:50 pm

1. What made you decide to lose weight? Did a situation occur, something said or so forth? I have been wanting to lose weight all my life and had just hoped it would fall off, it didnt. So every few months when i realise my old habits are creeping back in with a vengence I hop back on here and make a good go for it

2. What is one thing that has really helped you on your weight loss journey? This forum for one and others is comments.. i love it when people say i look like i have lost weight.. vain much? I love looking at the contrast between old photos and new ones as well

3. Do you feel proud of what you have achieved to date? Yes i do, but I am also starting to reach the point where I am have sat at the same weight consistantly for too long and have lost the buzz and confidence that came with reaching it.

4. What qualities do you think a person needs to have to be successful at weight loss?I dont know about quailties, but you have to really want to lose weight, its one thing to say you want to or need to but something inside you really has to snap and you just have to do it, no more one last bad meal, one last packet of lollies, just give it up striaght away, one last will become two lasts etc
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby blueberries » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:02 pm

I decided to lose weight for health reasons...I'm getting older and don't believe that carrying extra kilos is healthy....I also would like to lose weight to wear fashionable clothes...I don't think that fashionable clothes look good on ppl who are overweight...if u have an addictive personality then losing weight will be difficult...I used to binge eat alot and have gained and lost weight over the years but I haven't binge eaten in a little over a year and I believe that I won't ever binge eat again as I don't get the urge to do it n e more...I used to be addicted to chocolate...I used to eat a bar a day but I don't crave it n e more and very happy bout it too...I'm on medication that is making it difficult for me to lose weight...dieting and exercising hasn't had much impact on my weight and it's very DISCOURAGING!!! but I'm not giving up and I'm glad I haven't resorted to binge eating,...not yet n e way
Start Weight-79.1kg
Current Weight - 69kg
Target Weight- 58kg
Height- 166cm
blueberries

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk