It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:51 am

Free Newsletter

the camera does certainly add the kilos!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

the camera does certainly add the kilos!

Postby sunshine » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:01 am

So I am thinking that right now I am looking okay, with some nice muscles forming in my arms and my shoulders looking taut. Had a look at the xmas video and man I still look fat! Does the camera really add weight because my muscles that I think I have are nowhere in sight and I HATE the way I looked :(

Another question, do you think that the opposite censored appreciates someone who works out, takes care of themselves and looks good? I am asking because if I see a buff looking guy, I have a perve (happily married here but loves a peek!!) and I think he must take care of himself and I admire that. I would really love for guys (hubby included) to look at me and think, she is hot, she must be fit, so my inspiration is Jillian Michaels from The Biggest Loser, she is the same height as me but when I think of her I think how strong she looks and I want that.

Anyway enough rambling, its new yrs eve I have had a few as you can tell (hiccup). Best wishes to you all and thanks so much for the support here, I appreciate it :D

Postby Fiona25 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:17 am

I always reckon I look bigger in photos and on the video camera than I do in the mirror too!

I bet you're looking great and you will be happy with yourself in no time. Sounds like you're working really hard and you will reap the rewards very soon :)
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:22 pm

The camera (film and video) adds about 10kg. I'm not sure how much still photos add, but I'm sure it's at least 5kg.

A few years ago I did a film and television acting course. The first time I saw video footage of myself I nearly died - and that was when I was a healthy size 10! I could understand how actresses became dangerously thin as a result. To look slender on camera you really need to be underweight.

So don't worry about how you look on camera. It's dramatically different from how you look in real life.

Return to Weight loss Talk