It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:12 pm

Free Newsletter

I knew this would happen, now i need some help......please

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I knew this would happen, now i need some help......please

Postby Sussy » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:02 pm

Hi all Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!! I just wanted to ask for a lil help coz i had done sooooo well and lost my goal of 10kgs by Christmas and now within this week between Christmas and New Years I have just completely caved and put a few kgs back on :cry: ( You can imagine what and how much i've been eating :oops: )
I am asking for peoples motivational tips of how they've got through the silly season, and in particular success stories to give me the encouragemant and motivation to get back on the weightloss train.
Hopefully with my hubby going back to work tomorrow it will help but i don't like to blame my eating habits on other people coz i can make my own choices.
I just need a bit of a shove, i find the before and after pics are really inspirational and perhaps if you all can guilt me into it by telling me how good you've all been, i'll get all competitive and start losing again.
Thanks everyone.
Sussy

Postby Juddy » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:20 pm

I lost a bit of weight this Christmas/NYE period. This is the first year this has happened...

As this time of the year approached, I knew it would be a struggle, so on Christmas day I ate the ham, salads etc, and when dessert came, I had a small amount - but not straight after... If you spread the meals over a longer period of time, it will burn up quicker rather than stockpile in you!
Juddy

Postby sassi » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:22 pm

i did exactly the same thing last year sussy - i'd lost about 13kg & then i put lots back on over xmas & new year and then just kept gaining till i went back over my original weight :oops: i think the biggest positive is that you've realised what's happening now, rather than later.

a year on & i'm still 10kg over what i was before xmas last year - i started in may & those kilos have been soooo tough to lose so this year i decided that it was NOT going to happen again & for the most part, i haven't eaten too differently from normal - trying to stick to my daily calorie limit by recording what i've eaten & i've recently just gone back to the pt again as well. i also think that going back to work tomorrow will probably help me because it gets me back in a routine - i think having a routine is really important for helping me to stay on track.

my official weigh in is tomorrow, but a sneaky peak on the scales shows a 1kg loss for the last fortnight - i decided to make my weigh ins two weeks apart because i don't lose big amounts in a week, i feel this way stops me from losing motivation.

sorry for writing so much! not sure if any of it helps, but you can lose these kilos & the sooner you get back on track, the easier it will be!
sassi

Postby Juddy » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:40 pm

Yeah. It is not uncommon for people who lose weight, to put it on after they've accomplished their goal.

I did it over a longer period of time and therefore didn't notice it until the damage was done.

What I do now, is I don't treat myself... You must have your goal constantly in mind and remind yourself that you can do this.

Chocolates lying around the house are the definition of temptation, I've found! It takes a lot of restraint not to eat a few... so just before you go to eat them, ask yourself "Will this help me reach my goal? What impact will this have?"

A little bit of chocolate is okay, but every extra bit of effort helps.
Juddy

Postby milkyway » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:17 pm

I think the key is to now start focusing on the now rather than the before. what's done is done and it's time to move forward to a happier and healthier you.

Join in our 'January challenge' to help bring out that competitive spirit of yours :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Fiona25 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:08 pm

I agreee ^ try not to focus on the bad. Most of us go overboard at xmas, but now its over and you can set yourself a new goal to lose what you've put on. If its only a few kgs, you can work hard and have it all lost by the end of this month!

After that, come up with a maintainence plan and you're set :D

And yes, join the January challenge to get you started!

You can do this, look at how much you've lost already!
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby Sussy » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:51 am

Thanks so much guys, I've joined the January Challenge and am feeling positive.
You're right though, i can't go back, but i CAN go forward and I've removed all the temptation from within reach and asked for help from my family too.
One of the major things i noticed during my Christmas binge is how tired i felt all the time and how grumpy and snappy i was (which hubby kindly pointed out to me on a regular basis) and always in the evening after dinner i would feel sick and i think it was because I was eating so much rich, fat laden food and my body wasn't used to it after eating quite healthily for quite a while. So now i'm actually almost craving nutritious, healthy food.....now that can't be bad.
I've decided not to weigh myself until next weekend (the 12th of Jan) so hopefully the results will seem a bit better and i won't get disheartened by what i gained over Christmas.
Anyway thanks again everyone, and Juddy you've got me all competitive again...if you can do it, so can I, and i, like you, can't treat myself because once i start, i can't stop.... with me it's all or nothing. :D
Cheers
Sussy

Postby Mandie » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:57 am

You can do this :) remember to focus on the positive, and keep up being healthy - remember how crap you felt when you ate crap, and how good you feel when you eat well and exercise!
Mandie

Postby Juddy » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:19 am

Great stuff Sussy! You can do it!

Just remember to think through each decision you make. Usually the initial idea isn't the best.

Think of yourself as being drunk and having bad judgement, so you have to be extra careful of your decisions :)
Juddy

Return to Weight loss Talk