It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:12 am

Free Newsletter

Losing weight after having children....aaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Losing weight after having children....aaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Chrissie » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:25 pm

:roll: When I had my first baby, I gained 25 kg and to much surprise, I lost it very quickly, however after having my second child I gained 15kg, and have only lost 5kg. My daughter is now 3. Has anyone had the same experience finding it nearly inpossible to shift the weight?

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weC9fSl/]
[/url]
Put yourself last and you will achieve nothing. Make time and believe in yourself and you will be amazed what you can achieve
Chrissie

Postby chubbywife79 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:59 pm

Yes I have the same experience with my youngest dd. I still and gained more weight since she was born. I hope with a healthy lifestyle I can lose weight after when we have our 4th baby!
chubbywife79

Postby Post baby fat » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:20 pm

Hi, yes I had my 1st child almost 14 months ago. i gained 15 kgs and very very very slowly lossed it (with the help of reductil which I was on for 6 months but the weight loss took much longer than just the 6 months that I was on the reductil)
When i lost my pregnancy weight though my body was still bigger than before I felt pregnant even though I weighed the same. and stillI couldn't fit my pre-pregnacey clothes.

Also, I've now gained 5 kgs!

How do some women look like they've never had a baby after having one? Its not fair.

what are you doing to try to lose the weight?

I'd give you some pointers however nothing has worked for me yet. I've been going to the gym and have also done a diet overhaul.
Post baby fat

Postby Chrissie » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:28 pm

:) I haven't any strategies at the moment to lose my weight. I have heard lots of positive feedback with Kate Morgan and was going to give it a go - I dont think its that expensive. Other than that I try do exercise each day, however have found it a bit hard with working full time and 2 kids. I know what you mean with some mums bouncing back straight away after having kids. A friend of mine gave birth and put her pre-pregnancy jeans on the next day...Today was my first diet day and also non smoking day. I am using patches and trying not to eat myself stupid. I plan on going on my treadmill later tonight when the kids are in bed.
If you have any strategies, let me know.
Put yourself last and you will achieve nothing. Make time and believe in yourself and you will be amazed what you can achieve
Chrissie

Postby ProudMumOf1 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:11 pm

I too think it's so much harder to lose weight after having babies. When I was pre baby at 18 the weight just fell off and the motivation was easy as too keep up. Now it's harder, why is that?
My stratagies at the moment are to exersice everyday, don't be lazy as I feel so much better for it when I HAVE done my exercise. Eat healthy but if I do fall off just get back right on.
Jennifer (Single Mum) 22

SW - 93kg on 12.01.08
CW - 84.3kg on 29.03.08
GW - 65kg

3rd MINI GOAL - 78kg (15kg lost) = $50 into Clothing Kitty ($150 TTL)
ProudMumOf1

Postby cymbahlee » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:42 pm

I weight exactly the same as the day I came out of the hospital after having my baby 10 months ago.....15kg heavier. Yuck.
The program I've chosen to go with is the Symply Too Good To Be True recipe books because I want to be able to cook food all my family will eat, they're cheap (5 recipe books @$13 each). For people looking to buy 1 to try out I'd recommend book 5 as it has a 28 day eating plan to follow. The recipes are really, really good.
But I digress. The thing I most hate about my post baby body is the way the fat has all settled like a tyre around my waist. Yuk.
cymbahlee

Postby chubba momma » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:00 pm

the only advice i can give is to not give up no matter what you do!!
As hard as it is (i have had two and gained almost 30 kg after my first) I am now 12 kgs off my pre first baby weight just from exercise and eating better.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby Chrissie » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:49 pm

:) Well guys - Im ready to give it my best shot. Im on day 3 of no smoking and day 2 of my diet. I started Kate Morgan today which is meal replacement with shakes for breakfast and lunch and then a healthy meal at night. You can snack and have fruit at morning and afternoon tea. I have heard mixed reviews so I will see how it goes. Im usually dead set against meal replacements and shakes etc, however Im now desperate to lose my weight and will try almost anything. I dont plan to stay on it long, I just want to kick start my weight loss and get into a fitness routine. I will keep you all posted.

Good luck with your weight loss journey - you guys will do great!
Chrissie

Postby Post baby fat » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 pm

Hi Chrissie,

well done for taking the 1st step. Good Luck.
Post baby fat

Postby NotFatAnymore » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:06 am

Post baby fat wrote:Hi Chrissie,

well done for taking the 1st step. Good Luck.

Yes, congrat! :wink:
NotFatAnymore

Return to Weight loss Talk