It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:53 am

Free Newsletter

Lite and Easy

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Lite and Easy

Postby ProudMumOf1 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:40 pm

Has anyone got any stories about lite and easy they would like to share. I'm thinking of joining but I'm just researching the idea and chucking it around at the moment. I don't want to jump straight into it as it's a lot of money. But is it worth it? I really want to lose this weight and with a young bub it's hard to have to always think of what to eat when sometimes i don't even have much time to myself let alone make a healthy nutritous meal espech being a singleton.

It's going to be about $220 a fortnight and I only get single parents payment from centrelink so I have to make the right decision as to do it or not.
Jennifer (Single Mum) 22

SW - 93kg on 12.01.08
CW - 84.3kg on 29.03.08
GW - 65kg

3rd MINI GOAL - 78kg (15kg lost) = $50 into Clothing Kitty ($150 TTL)
ProudMumOf1

Postby Gal Friday » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:26 pm

I had some friends do this, and they lost a heap of weight, really fast. And found it hard to keep off! They also were both earning a full wage each, but were living together so this was a bit cheaper I think (I THINK they do a couples rate cheaper, but maybe not)... that is a lot of money if you arent working, but then again it is ALL your food I think? I dont know.

I have thought about doing it before back when I was single and buying food for myself only, but the vegetarian options were fairly limited (and all had something I was allergic to almost!). But again the cost seemed like SO much.

I dont think I have helped. lol.
Gal Friday

Postby hushpuppy » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:48 pm

I think a few people on the forums have dont the lite and easy program . Im sure someone will have the info . We dont have it here in Launceston so im not much help
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Jisgone » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:45 pm

hey :)
i did the full program for about 3 weeks and now i just use the dinners
u can get the full menus online and all the food u get during the day is supermarket stuff and if u buy it yourself it works out lots cheaper
the dinners are delish! i had beef korma tonight and the portion sizes are great and its so convenient just sticking it in the microwave for 8 minutes, the only meal i havent enjoyed so far was the thai green curry - not even my hoover of a bf would eat it haha
so to cut a long story short, to still use the program but at half the price (about $8 a dinner) just order the dinners and do your own breakfasts and lunches :)
hope i helped!
Jisgone

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:00 pm

A friend of mine did Lite n' Easy a few years ago. She lost a huge amount of weight and she's kept it off every since.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Fletch » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:05 pm

i would love to do it! Not only for the weightloss aspect, also the convenience side of it too. You're a single mum, i cant think of anything as hard as that job... the easier you can get it the better i say.
It is all of your food, other than milk i think.
And your little one wouldnt be eating all that much yet, so you wouldnt have to purchase meals for them.

Maybe you could email them? they may have like a concession??? doesnt hurt to ask.

Good Luck :)
Fletch ~ breastfeeding my 7mo baby boy ~ loving my 2yo boy!
- on a weight loss journey to be a better me!

~ Height: 165cm ~ SW: 80.1kgs ~ CW: 66.3kgs ~ GW: 60kgs ~ Pre-PG: 64kgs ~

Fletch

Postby Karnak » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:49 pm

I did Lite n Easy and still have the dinners in the freezer for when I can't be bothered.

Personally it worked well for me and I lost more than 40kilos on it. I think its particularly good for people starting out as it teaches portion control, to regularly eat and gives you ideas on what you can prepare yourself.

CW 114.2
SW 188
GW 75
Karnak

Postby talia11 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:33 pm

Go for it - it is a great program and worth it - ONly aorund $17 a day which is really good - just the upfront that scares people - food is awesome and sooo easy!!
Carmen - Weight Watchers -Goal 72kg

talia11

Postby loveat116 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:41 pm

That is REALLY expensive.. like WHOA.

Your better off going to a nutritionist and them designing a food plan for you. And its REAL food, not microwave stuff.

You just need a good plan! You dont have to spend all that money, everything you would have would be in the supermarket anyway.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby Jisgone » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:58 pm

lite n easy is actually real food :) u only microwave the dinners which are full of vegies and stuff
Jisgone

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:35 pm

i agree jewles, i think its a great program for people who are willing to try it. microwaves are saviours for parents, bottles get sterilised, food gets heated up, some people heat bottles of milk in them. the possibilities are endless. i would definately go on lite n easy if i didnt have 2 other mouths to feed. its convenient, the food looks yummy, and theres variety, plus ive heard of many instances where people have lost weight and kept it off because they have learnt what is healthy and what portion sizes are accurate.
kate_turner2000

Postby loveat116 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:58 pm

kate_turner2000 wrote:i agree jewles, i think its a great program for people who are willing to try it. microwaves are saviours for parents, bottles get sterilised, food gets heated up, some people heat bottles of milk in them. the possibilities are endless. i would definately go on lite n easy if i didnt have 2 other mouths to feed. its convenient, the food looks yummy, and theres variety, plus ive heard of many instances where people have lost weight and kept it off because they have learnt what is healthy and what portion sizes are accurate.

I suppose everyone is different. I would never be able to do it cause you cant get it in Tasmania though.

I just look at the price and go Whoa... it would be good if you were living by yourself and earnt abit though,

loveat116

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:07 pm

loveat116 wrote:I just look at the price and go Whoa... it would be good if you were living by yourself and earnt abit though,

That's the main reason I never seriously considered doing it, plus I don't imagine there are many vegan options on the menu!

My friend who did it was already buying most of her meals as take-away, so she ended up actually saving money by doing Lite n' Easy. So I guess if you're already buying a lot of expensive food it's an affordable option.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby SarahC » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:07 pm

$220 a fortnight. I reckon that's about how much I would spend at the supermarket and the fruit&veg market. Been averaging over $100 a week :shock: I could save money on lite and easy!! I'd love to do it, it sounds great. I'm just scared of the carb level, and I don't think the vegetarian options are that extensive... :(
SarahC

Postby loveat116 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:33 pm

Mmm.. see i hardly spend any money on food.

I have oatmeal for brekky which is sooo cheap, and i use works milk.

I either spend $6 on sushi for lunch or a toasted cheese sandwich, and for dinner it will be pasta or salads or meat and veg, which isn't very expensive at all.

The convenience of it would be awesome though.

loveat116

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk