It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:22 am

Free Newsletter

Getting back on the Wagon@!?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Getting back on the Wagon@!?

Postby yoyogirl88 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:46 pm

ARRRG!!!! I'm having a really hard time getting back to my old routine after nearly 2 weeks being hectic and full of odd days and travel and christmas and drinking. I only put on a few kilos but everytime i change and start to lose weight it works for a few weeks or a month or so and then my routine goes out the window adn I feel like It just doesnt matter. This time I'm trying hard to get back on but I"m finding it hard. Normally my boyfriend is very supportive but he has watched this film so many times i dont think its much fun anymore. I really dont want to dissapoint myself or him again.

Does anyone have any tips!!!?????
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby Gal Friday » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:27 pm

the only thing i have to offer, is not think of it as a wagon. Just start the next day back on track... eating better. Forget the days that you cant take back, and just keep going. Everything I have read says that we shouldtn think of eating well as a diet, but a way of life. We sometimes will eat something "bad" but the next meal you can choose to eat somethign that is healthier.

Not sure if it will help, but it is about changing how we think (somethign I need to do!).

Good luck!
Gal Friday

Postby Gal Friday » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:28 pm

Oh and can I say also, that it shouldnt be about your boyfriend. It needs to be about you!
Gal Friday

Postby sassi » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:32 pm

i think you've just gotta take one day at a time - you want to keep your overall goal in sight, but sometimes it feels overwhelming so i find it easier to just focus on each day. and i try not to write off a whole day if i choose to eat something that isn't particularly healthy - if i slip up one meal, that doesn't mean the rest of the day has to be the same.

my motivation was gone for ages, but has come flying back in the last few weeks. for me, it was going back to a pt - cos i actually see improvements in other things like my fitness, so i don't obsess so much about the scales, i focus on my health instead.

i read somewhere that you need to start with goals that it's almost impossible not to reach - that way you feel like you've achieved something...and then you can increase the goals as you go.

eek. this isn't making much sense at all, is it?! :?
sassi

Good On You!!

Postby S.B. » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:35 pm

Getting back on the wagon is everyone's new year's resolution, mine too. Have a great time with it. As a yoyo dieter you must know everything you need to do already, you just need to do it. :lol:
HELLO AGAIN, SW = 70 AW = 52
S.B.

Postby lng86 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:58 pm

Sassi - PERFECTLY said you little super star!!!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby yoyogirl88 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:37 pm

Thanks guys. I stopped exercising weeks ago so i bit the bullet and rejoined curves this arvo (lucky work picked up). I am gunna try and try and try to start eating better.
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby Mandie » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:01 pm

You can do this.. as others have said, you need to see it as a total lifestyle change, or you won't stick to it.

Maybe make small changes more gradually, rather than a whole lot of big changes at once, this may make it easier to stick to?
Mandie

Postby milkyway » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:10 pm

Good on you yoyo girl :) You CAN do this. One day at a time. Hang in there hun!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby chubbywife79 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:26 am

Good on you for getting back on track. I and you know it you can do it!
chubbywife79

Postby Fireball » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:29 am

Go YoYo Go :D

You can do it!

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby mummy2three » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:27 am

Just get yourself organised, remove any foods that you know will put you off track, go for a walk and get back into it! (sorry if that was too bossy?) :D.

I always do the classic "I'll start again tomorrow" song and tomorrow turns into next month. It's true you can't take back the days/nights you ate/drank more than you should of, but starting back today you don't have to see 2 kilos turn into 5, or 10kg. Which, we've all seen happen before and you get even more down :(.

You're not letting anyone down hun, just start a fresh, get back into curves and you'll be fine. You CAN do it! Lane xo
On a mission to return to 'PRE-BABY' glory days!
My loves Frazer 8, Clay 7 & Harper 2

mummy2three

Return to Weight loss Talk