It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:29 am

Free Newsletter

Priorities ( and making it work)

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Priorities ( and making it work)

Postby Fireball » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:59 am

After a lot of soul searching, especially reading about people who are leaving this forum and other people who are struggling to achieve their goals, I have decided that I spend too much time thinking about what I need to do, and not enough time actually doing it. So I have re-prioritised. I don't have the time so in future I will only visit here every month or so. I have learnt what I need to be able to succeed. I haven't communicated to individuals on this forum very much, although there are many people who I would like to get to know better. I just plain don't have time. But despite this I have shared in your succcesses and frusrations by reading your postings. I find people on this forum inspiring, not just because of their succeses but also for not quitting when things are tough. Sometimes we feel everything is fantastic. :lol: Sometimes we feel it is crap and everything is wrong. :cry: C'est la Vie. We all need to find our own path.

Ask yourself:
:arrow: What am I trying to achieve?
:arrow: Why?
:arrow: What am I doing that is working?
:arrow: What are my issues and how can I solve them?
:arrow: What motivates me? How can I reward myself?

After 20 years, I eventually quit smoking. That was 10 years ago! Whoa. I'm still proud of that. If I was more aware, I could have quit a lot sooner. So dont feel like a failure if you have been trying to lose weight and it hasn't worked out. You have learnt from those experiences and that can assist you with your future efforts.

Please remember, as long as you don't quit, you will succeed. You really need to believe that. Good Luck. I wish that you all find inside yourself that little bit of magic that you need to succeed in reaching your goals. And I will be checking in to see how you are all going. :wink:

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:58 pm

Please remember, as long as you don't quit, you will succeed.

A very positive message. Thanks for posting that, Fireball!

Return to Weight loss Talk