It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:19 pm

Free Newsletter

Food calories V exercise calories

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Jisgone » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:31 pm

yay thats great news fiona :) sounds like your body has found its balance
Jisgone

Postby Fiona25 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:43 pm

I'll update again in another week after following this plan for 10 days all up there might be more of a difference...at least I hope :D
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby Post baby fat » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:32 pm

Hi Evil Womabt Queen,

I sorry, I should have been more spacific when talking about beans. The Beans that need to be restricted are GREEN BEANS.

The Reason is, Green beans are among a small number of foods that contain any measurable amount of oxalates, (which are a naturally occurring substances found in plants, animals, and human beings).
When oxalates become too concentrated in body fluids, they can crystallize and cause health problems such as Kidney Stones.

Oxalates may also interfere with absorption of calcium from the body. so individuals trying to increase their calcium stores may also want to avoid green beans.

Postbabyfat.

Eat everything in moderation.
Post baby fat

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:40 pm

Thank you so much, Post Baby Fat!

I didn't know that about green beans. Luckily I'm not a big fan of them, so I doubt I'd eat them any more than twice a week. My partner however loves them. I'm going to have to make sure I don't feed them to him too often from now on!

That's really helpful information. Thank you for posting about it.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Post baby fat » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:09 pm

Dont get me wrong though, Green beans are low in fat and offer an excellent source of protein, fiber, and
complex carbohydrates. They are also a very good source of folic acid and molybdenum. They provide significant amounts of iron, phosphorus, magnesium, manganesese, and potassium.

They just need to be limited, that's all.
Post baby fat

Postby SarahC » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:09 pm

Green beans! Yum! I could potentially be an over-muncher of the beans. Oh dear :shock:
SarahC

Postby Nikerz82 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:12 am

Hey everyone, sometimes just changing one thing in your diet is enough to get you past platueas. Ive been sticking to a diet of 1200 calories a day, sometimes I go under but I usually hit my target spot on, Ive been pretty much consitently loosing a kilo a week. In saying that I find every couple of months, normally around the 8-10 kilo loss mark I platuea. the first time this happened I was excercising my butt off, walking in the morning, doing a workout vid during the day and cycling for 20 mins at night, aswell as eating correctly and for 3 weeks I didnt loose a thing, but lost an inch, which yes is great but come one, we wanna see the scales move too, anyway I thought stuff it, maybe its too mush too fast and im not giving myself anyweher to branch from, so i stopped excercising, didnt do a thing for a week, while still controlling my calories, and get this that week I dropped 2kilos!
After that I just slowly broke myself back into the excercise "less is more theory" the second time I platued I completly changed my diet, Im a 3 meal a day person with fruit in between anyways for that week I did the 6 small snack meals a day and light excercise again dropped 1.5 kilos, just doing something different shock treats your body is my theory.

Just a few suggestions,goodluck :D
Nikerz82

Postby Fiona25 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:13 am

Hey guys!

Well 10 days all up of increasing EVERYTHING - carbs, fat, carbs and protein and i've lost another 900 grams :D

I've kind of been changing cals and stuff around to trick my body - eg, 1200, 1400, 1800, 1200, 1300, 1400, 1200 etc and it seems to be working amongst other things.

You guys are truly lifesavers :D
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby Mandie » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:44 am

way to go fiona! smash that plateau! :)
Mandie

Postby HappyBella55 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:05 am

Fiona that's excellent news :D

Yep calorie cycling is fantastic. My trainer told me to do it as it keeps your body constantly guessing and never thinking it's going to go into starvation mode. As long as you don't drop it below 1200 you'll be sweet.

Fantastic loss too :D
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby Nikerz82 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:58 pm

Ah good work ! :D
Nikerz82

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk