It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:57 am

Free Newsletter

Why Do You Want To Lose Weight?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Serena » Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:03 pm

You're so wise Fairie, I think we all need to take a step back and remind ourselves of why we're putting ourselves through all this. I like the old saying "If it's worth having, it's worth fighting for". I think of how much better my life will be when I'm fit and healthy and have more confidence and can wear nice clothes, and I know that I have a long way to go and it's going to take a lot of effort and determination and it won't be easy and I'll want to give up, but how can I ever respect myself if I can't even consider myself worth the effort? I know injuries are really hard on motivation Julie. For the last couple of weeks I have had hip and knee pain, I guess I've overdone it at the gym and I've also had some shoulder pain as I had RSI from my last job and it doesn't take much to upset it. For a few days last week I could barely walk when I got up in the morning as the pain was really quite bad. So I've given myself permission to rest and I have started to take glucosamine supplements which are supposed to be good for joint health. Whilst I did fall off the wagon a bit with my diet last week, being unable to exercise doesn't mean you have to throw it all away. Stick to your diet and do what little exercise you can manage, even if you just walk to the bottom of the street and back. Then when you're rested and feeling better and ready to start working out again, ease yourself back into it and take it nice and slow. Have a little faith in yourself because you are worth the effort.

Reason why I want to lose weight

Postby Rochelle » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:17 pm

I'm getting married next year and I would love to lose some weight for the wedding. I would also like to get some confidence in myself.

Postby Fairie » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:27 am

Getting married should be a great motivation for you so lets get you started, the more weight you loose the more confident you will get.

We will all help with motivation and ideas if we can so keep posting :D

Postby juliejag » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:05 pm

Thank you for your support. Fairie you mentioned that you were on Sureslim, do you find this restrictive? is it expensive? I am 121kg and would like to get down to 80kgs. Could you tell me more about the program? I noticed how much weight you have lost so far - just fantastic! keep up the great work! :) Hope to keep in touch

montignac slimming

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:37 pm

lavender wrote:I need to lose weight for my health. I guess like a lot of people I was slim till I turned 40, now I have spent the last 20 years overweight and getting bigger and bigger and unhealthy. I have a large sliding hiatus hernia among other things. You would think that would do it. Logic and reason say so.

My health should be enough reason to act yet I go for the quick fix to feel better in the moment and I have done so for the last 20 years obviously :?: :?: :?: :shock:

Return to Weight loss Talk