It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:30 pm

Free Newsletter

Target weights?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Fiona25 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:12 pm

I think the best thing is to deprive yourself of things you normally take for granted. Things such as an expensive face cream, a new hair brush, new lipstick etc. Make yourself work for these little things and you'll really appreciate them!

I give myself little things for each kg that I lose. My latest was a packet of wet, moistured facial wipes that I take to the gym with me and half way through and at the end of my workout I pull one out and wipe my face down. It gets rid of the sweat and feels so nice, and it was a very cheap treat that will last a good few weeks!

Then I have more expensive goals for bigger losses. Eg, once I get to 60kgs I will have lost 6kgs so I will treat myself to a spray tan. When I get to goal, or less if I end up wanting to lose more it will be a new pair of swimmers - aiming for a bikini :D

It motivates you, and buying nice things for yourself that you have earnt is a good exercise for self love if you're like me and have low self esteem and constantly put yourself down.
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!

Postby Gal Friday » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:17 pm

I think that kind of motivation will help me too. My other new years resolution is to save money and pay off my credit card. So this may help that too!
Gal Friday

Postby cymbahlee » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:31 pm

I once read somewhere about a woman who bought herself Coles Myer (or wherever you like) cards for losing weight - say, $20 per 5 kilos. Whatever your budget is! I'm trying to convince my husnabd $100 per kilo is fair. :)
Then, when she had lost a little bit of weight (or had gone down a size) she could use them on a shopping spree to buy clothes! I thought that was a great idea.

Postby ProudMumOf1 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:58 pm

cymbahlee - Thats a great idea. I might do that one. I was wondering what I was going to do for treats but I think a certain amount per say 5kg would be great hmm now just to decide how much, say $50/5kg? What do ya's think. That way when I reach my goal of 65kg I would have about $300 for clothes :D
Jennifer (Single Mum) 22

SW - 93kg on 12.01.08
CW - 84.3kg on 29.03.08
GW - 65kg

3rd MINI GOAL - 78kg (15kg lost) = $50 into Clothing Kitty ($150 TTL)

Return to Weight loss Talk