It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:41 am

Free Newsletter

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby chubbywife79 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:03 pm

Sorry i'm confuse here. I just joined a Gym today :D and I weighed myself and it says I'm 120.7kg but when I weighed myself on Monday at the chemist I weighed 116.5kg! I don't know which scale should I go by. I normally weigh myself in light clothes with thongs on but I weighed myself with sneakers and pants. I'm just down if that how much I weigh.

Postby Jisgone » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:04 pm

had u eaten today?
it doesnt matter which scales u weigh yourself on aslong as every week you wear the same clothes and do it in the same conditions, ie before breakfast after a toilet stop which is usually the most accurate :)

Postby chubbywife79 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:05 pm

Yes I did eat before I went to the gym. I think I might use the Gym's since I be going there everyday.

Postby Fiona25 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:21 pm

You would've weighed a good 2kgs more at the gym than you would've this morning naked after a pit stop.

I always go by my weekly Sunday weigh ins. I weigh naked after going to the loo and that is the official weight I stick by even though I weigh myself about 3 times a day :oops:

A big congrats on joining the gym, great going :D
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!

Postby Moomoo » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:37 pm

All scales are different. The ones at the WW meeting broke so the leader borrowed a set from another leader. She compared the 2 when she got hers fixed and they where 1kg different
My home scales are different to the WW ones as well.
Just use the same ones each week at least you will have an acurate record of your loss.

Postby HappyBella55 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:47 pm

I've had this problem too.

I have noticed that not all scales read the same :evil: if only they did it would make life so much more easier.

If I was you I would stick to the gym ones even though you do weigh a bit more on them you'll get a more accurate and consistent reading because you'll be going there more often.

Make your weigh in the morning (do one morning session) before you drink or *eat anything and wear the same clothing and you'll get a more consistent reading.

*I like exercising in the morning and can't eat before my exercise because I feel queasy and sick when I exercise with a full stomach. Having an empty stomach you get a more accurate reading of what you weigh.

By the way - good on you for joining a gym :D
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!

Postby NotFatAnymore » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:14 am

I was going to jim too...and i relay on it scale... :wink:

Return to Weight loss Talk