It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:14 pm

Free Newsletter

Ajay

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Ajay

Postby Angel » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:23 pm

Hi all,

In the first few episodes of Biggest Loser I heard Ajay saying she went from a size 22 to a size 12 but every time I look at her I think, she looks about a size 16.

It doesn't really matter what size she is but I look at people and their sizes to get a better idea how people see me. I've pretended for so long that I look okay in the mirror it helps looking at other people of the same size to realise that I look the same as them. I think I've got one of those mirrors like they have in the fun parks!

What size do you reckon she is?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Angel

Postby Dolly » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:38 pm

She might have been talking about an American size 12 (which is more of a 16) I also thought she looked about a 16 size.
I know they talk about being a size 6 and stuff in the US and that would be a little kids size to an auzzie.
Dolly

Postby natalie » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:36 am

HI girls

I think she is deffinatley an aussie 16.I wish there was on standard size here....I can fit into a katies size 14 but if I go to just jeans forget it!
Have you girls found the sizes in some shops to be really different from others? Isint it annoying!

America has this thing called "vanity sizing" Someone could be a size 14 but over there (to make the customer feel better) they say it is a size 10!!!! ( its called denial I think)

Is AJ an aussie?

Natalie :)

"All we have is here and now"
natalie

Postby Angel » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:37 pm

Natalie,
You are not alone in hating the sizing of Australian clothes. I too wish they had standard sizing. I am sick of having to buy a top, 4 sizes bigger than I should need just to get the fit I want. Don't shops realise that not everyone suits figure hugging tops! I'm surprised nothing has been done about the sizing, its getting worse and worse, back when I was a teenager it was only Myer Miss Shop that had messed up sizing, now every shop differs.

I haven't bought pants in such a long time, I can cope buying tops in bigger sizes but pants is a different story.

Yeh Ajay is a Sydney girl, she's a writer, a comedian and I think something else. I just googled her and found an article about Biggest Loser it said the host, Ajay, halved her weight, she went from a Size 28 to a Size 12.

TV is suppose to put on 'pounds', maybe that is why she looks more like a 16?
[/url]
Angel

Postby natalie » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:59 pm

Hi Angel

Yeah TV does add on pounds so its hard to tell.Anyway I think she looks great.She has done so well to reduce her weight how much she has,She is practically glowing with good health compared to the way she looked before.
I am always one size lagrger in the pants.I am more of a 12 on top and a good 14 on the bottom!!! :evil:
I guess I am your classic pear shape but Its hard to find nice pants because of my height aswell.At 6 feet tall alot of pants dont fit well :twisted:
The worst thing I hate buying is shoes....I hate shoes because it frustrates me that I cant find nice shoes in my size either.I am a 11 and I have a wide foot so styles are limited and heels??? Forget it :lol: I look like a drag queen in heels :D
Ive got to laugh about it...

"All we have is here and now"
natalie

comparing

Postby Kathryn » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:14 am

I laughed when I read that you compare your size with others...I do it all the time and constantly get told off for it. Im 76.7kgs and bout a 14 (however I can fit into my 16 pants and size 12 pants!!) I think Fiona on the biggest loser doesn't look too bad so hopefully I look ok too but I guess it depends on your own personal image and mine at the moment isn't that hi!!!!
Kathryn

Postby Butterfly » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:42 am

In the current issue of Womans Day there is an article in there not only about Fiona's lightbulb moment to lose weight but also an article on AJay saying how she has complained to the producers of the show, that come reunion time she will feel like the biggest one in the room, and isnt happy at all. It is only a little article, and when I read it I just felt pitty for her. AJay has always promoted how comfortable she is being the size that she is and now because of others seemingly "beating her" down to a smaller weight she is sulking. Personally, I think that she should be happy for them just as she was happy with maintaining her smaller size and stop acting like a pathetic immature idiot.
Butterfly

Postby Dolly » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:13 pm

Hi Butterfly, the magazines always write stuff so people will be interested in buying their magazines so it's hard to say what is really said and what is just sensationalizing.

If the article is true then I agree with you, she had plenty of time to shed 5 kilo so she could feel more comfortable.
The American show host Caroline Rhea (from sabrina the teenage witch fame) also was a few kilo over weight.

I think the organizers do it purposely to let the contestants feel a loss is reachable. If the hostess was ultra slim, the contestants would probably give up before they begin, thinking they could never get there.
Dolly

Postby dragonfly » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:17 pm

I find Rockmans is very generous, yet Kmart is on the smaller side.

I find it weird how americans can fir into size 2 and 4...LOL even my 3 y.o daughter wears bigger than that!
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

Postby hushpuppy » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:19 pm

Hi guys
I think Ajay like myself is short . i am only about 5.2/5.3 and i have big boobs lol so i am really top heavy . If u can kinda image the little people from the wizard of aus > that's me . Fiona seem allot taller so her body distributes the weight more evenly
BTW my nick my family calle me is LIL MUNCHKIN lol aka the little people from the wizard of Oz
Cheers JUles
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Return to Weight loss Talk