It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:16 pm

Free Newsletter

Weightloss Overseas

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Weightloss Overseas

Postby phatcappy » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:23 pm

Well on tuesday i'm going to Thailand, Cambodia & Laos for 35 days. Just woundering if any of you guys have any experience or suggestions for maintaing weight loss while on holidays overseas? My main concern is that quite alot of the food other there has rice, which i have cut out of my diet completely. I just dont want to undo the work ive already done :(

any pointers would be much appreciated.
Start Weight: 109 Kg's

Current Weight: 91.2 Kg's

Mini Goal Weight:90 Kg's

Ultimate Goal Weight: 83 Kg's
phatcappy

Postby bferbear » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:33 pm

I spent a month or so in Thailand and Cambodia a couple of years ago and found I lost weight whilst over there. Eat at local places rather than restaurants that cater to westerners. You will find there are a lot more vegetables and less meat in the locals serves than the tourists. Also the portions will be smaller. (Plus it is heaps cheaper and more authentic)

If you are on holidays rather than working then you will find yourself doing much more walking than normal, in a much more humid climate than you are used to, this also burns up a lot more calories.

Keep up your water intake, have a huge glass or two before a meal. Firstly to replace fluid you have lost whilst sightseeing and secondly to fill yourself up before eating.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfrtWWa/]
[/url]
bferbear

Postby phatcappy » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:54 pm

bferbear wrote:I spent a month or so in Thailand and Cambodia a couple of years ago and found I lost weight whilst over there. Eat at local places rather than restaurants that cater to westerners. You will find there are a lot more vegetables and less meat in the locals serves than the tourists. Also the portions will be smaller. (Plus it is heaps cheaper and more authentic)

If you are on holidays rather than working then you will find yourself doing much more walking than normal, in a much more humid climate than you are used to, this also burns up a lot more calories.

Keep up your water intake, have a huge glass or two before a meal. Firstly to replace fluid you have lost whilst sightseeing and secondly to fill yourself up before eating.

thanks for the advice, you i will only be eating local cuizine. I laugh at people who visit forein countries and only eat ferang food. A friend of mine just got back from thailand, and the only thing she ate the entire time there was KFC and burger king lol
Start Weight: 109 Kg's

Current Weight: 91.2 Kg's

Mini Goal Weight:90 Kg's

Ultimate Goal Weight: 83 Kg's
phatcappy

Postby milkyway » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:56 pm

You'll probably be more active than usual doing lots of walking everywhere (and maybe swimming?)

I agree with bfrbear - stick with the local cuisine. I'm so jealous! :P
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby bferbear » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:59 am

When I said eat at local places I meant eat at restaurants that cater to locals as opposed to tourist restaurants. So instead of eating the green curry shrimp at the restaurant in the main street, eat the green curry shrimp in the restaurant in the back street. Half the price, better flavour and the portion control will suit you more.
[/url]
bferbear

Postby bferbear » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:01 am

PS Enjoy your trip, you are going to have an absolute blast. Thailand and Cambodia are stunning countries, with the friendliest most honest peoples you will ever meet (except Bangkok)
[/url]
bferbear

Return to Weight loss Talk