It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:58 am

Free Newsletter

I finally remembered

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I finally remembered

Postby faith_may » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:31 am

A long time ago, whe I was doing so well with my diet, I use to write down everything I aet, every day for every meal, that was letting me have control over what I was going to eat.
So now, I'm finally ready to start with my diet and I'm going to write down eveythig I eat, that way I will know how many calories I'm eating and everything. I remembered that having control over what you eat lets you loose weight, because you decide what you are going to eat.

Postby Fiona25 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:58 am

Oh yes, food diaries are great because it makes you really think about what you are going to eat and what you do/don't want to write down.

Well done on a great move :P
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!

Postby faith_may » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:19 pm

Thaks Fiona, I really appreciate it the support

Postby mimosa8 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:32 pm

a food diary has made me definately stay on track.

It was hard at first to have to look everything up. I use calorie counter book and a small notebook at home. then I post it here.

I eat similar foods daily, a nd have 5-6 mimi meals.

main meals 300 cals
snacks 150-200

give or take.

This is my 9h day of eating healthy and it has taken a long time to get to this point. but once you have the momentum you fly.

*hint* make your diet alkaline so it can detox itself and help when the fats are released (they store the toxns)
you could do that by:

Eating 2-3 cups veg per day
Adding supplement (barley, wheat grass, maximum greens ) some of these are equivalent to 6 + serves per day.

This also helps reduce cravings. I find anyway...

Postby Fireball » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:04 pm

It is a great idea to write down everything you eat, you can use it to identify your main issues, eg. in my case, snacking and takeaway. You just can't pretend, "I've hardly eaten anything and still haven't lost weight", when you have listed 6 packets of lollies, 5 donuts and 4 big takeaway meals. :lol:

Once you identify your issues/risks you can work out strategies of how to deal with them. It challenges you too, it taught me that you can't have everything or you'll see your weight going up, so you need to negotiate with yourself within the bounds of a realistic weight loss diet, eg. for work I now prepare meals & snacks, and share a large donut with 2 co-workers instead of eating it all myself, before a pary I'll work out what I can have. This means you don't feel you're missing out and don't feel a need to binge either.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan

Postby Moomoo » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:51 am

I have done myself a little schedule on an Excel spreadsheet :oops:

I used to fill it in on the computer but that doesn't make it very transportable! so I print a blank one each week and fill in the details I know (i plan my main meals ahead) then I know what I can eat during the day and I am always aware what I have left to eat for the day.
If I don't use them I get confused and find myself trying to remember what I have eaten!
I have also included on the spreadsheet how much water I have drunk, the different food groups so I can tick of a "Balanced" diet! and a space for what excercise I have done that day.
It works for me so I'm going to stay doing it! :D

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:46 am

I spend all my day in front of a computer so I fill in all my food on the Calorie King website. I find it reminds me not to snack for the sake of snacking, plus I can see at a glance when a food is unjustifiably high in calories.

Return to Weight loss Talk