It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:17 am

Free Newsletter

1st weigh in on Kate Morgan - Im not happy

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

1st weigh in on Kate Morgan - Im not happy

Postby Chrissie » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:59 pm

:roll: Well It has been 1 week on the Kate Morgan and I had my first wiegh in tonight, and I am a little disapointed. I felt crap for 4 days -headaches, nausea light headiness, drank over 2 litres per day and peed like crazy, I exercised for 40 minutes each day..and guess what - I have only lost 1.4kg. my starting weight was 68.00kg and is now 66.6kg. Maybe Im not following the plan properly....I dont know .Any comments or suggestions from anyone?
Put yourself last and you will achieve nothing. Make time and believe in yourself and you will be amazed what you can achieve
Chrissie

Postby oostevens » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:06 pm

wow 1.4kgs is a big achievement in 1 week. You are spose to lose about 1-2kgs a week i believe before it becomes unhealthy, so that is awesome. well done.

i reckon you are doing it all right :) some weeks i lose 200g...so you are excelling :)

seriously you should be proud, 1.4kgs is a huge amount :) i would love to lose that much in 1wk. just think how much you would lose in 1month if u lost that every week :)

keep up the great work (believe me its all worth it, and the feeling crappyness will go away, its just your body cleansing itself of the bad toxins :) like detox :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby Fiona25 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:16 pm

1.4kgs is actually A LOT to lose in a week. The norm is .5-1kg a week, and according to a naturopath I spoke to today, 250-500 grams a week is the safest and best amount to lose a week.

I would be jumping for joy if I lost 1.4kgs in 1 week :o

Go and pick up a 1kg weight - you will soon realise that is A LOT to lose in such a short time and you lost almost 1 1/2 of that!
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby SarahC » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:21 pm

I agree, you should be really proud of your achievement this week, 1.4kgs is excellent. Plus you have excercised every day and drank heaps of water, and I am positive that you have followed all the instructions for the program! Well done :D
SarahC

Postby Chrissie » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:22 pm

:) Thanks guys - I think maybe my expectations are too high. It's just been the LONGEST week of my life. I need to learn to be more patient - after all the weight didn't all go on in one week, so will take some time to come off. Thanks for the words of encouragement :)
Put yourself last and you will achieve nothing. Make time and believe in yourself and you will be amazed what you can achieve
Chrissie

Postby carls » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:27 pm

thats a really great loss! well done!!

when i did celebrity slim, i went NUTS with excercise, like 2 hours a day, no snacks etc, and lost 3kgs.

then, put it back on. and a smidge more.
Image[/url]
carls

Postby Fireball » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:16 pm

I think we all get a bit impatient and want the weight off yesterday but it probably took most of us quite a while to get in the state we are in, and it will take a while to get to our goal weights. Slow and steady is best. That is the one problem I have with The Biggest Loser Show, it gives the impression you should lose enormous amounts of weight each week and it really isn't healthy. You have made a great effort to stick it out when obviously you didn't feel well. Hopefully your body has adjusted and it will get easier for you. Good Luck.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Fiona25 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:41 am

Just think, the slower you lose it the more likely you are to keep it off!

And when you get a lot of excess weight off and start to have small losses each week the fact that your body is healthier and gratefully thankful for all you're doing for it somehow makes the journey a little easier :)

So you're right, you don't get big overnight so you won't get slim overnight either, it is a gradual process and a true lifestyle change.

The first few weeks are the hardest, it will get easier I promise!
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby sassi » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:46 am

Fiona25 wrote:1.4kgs is actually A LOT to lose in a week. The norm is .5-1kg a week, and according to a naturopath I spoke to today, 250-500 grams a week is the safest and best amount to lose a week.

i agree - congrats on the loss chrissie! the pt i go to told me last week that he thinks losing 250-500gms a week is the best way to go as well - mostly because you want to lose the weight permanently & the danger of losing it too fast is that you put it back on (i hope i'm explaining this right!)

i hope week 2 goes a little faster - i lasted two days on celeb slim, just having the shakes for breakfast. so i'm in awe of ppl who can stick to the shake diets!! :D
sassi

Postby GoddessInside » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:27 am

Fireball wrote:I think we all get a bit impatient and want the weight off yesterday but it probably took most of us quite a while to get in the state we are in, and it will take a while to get to our goal weights. Slow and steady is best. That is the one problem I have with The Biggest Loser Show, it gives the impression you should lose enormous amounts of weight each week and it really isn't healthy. You have made a great effort to stick it out when obviously you didn't feel well. Hopefully your body has adjusted and it will get easier for you. Good Luck.

90% of the contestants put all the weight back on !! So it just shows that slow and steady truly does win the race :)

1.4kgs is a massive amount !!! You should be really proud of that effort, go pick up a bag of potatoes weighing 1.4kgs, hopefully that should put it into perspective a little :)

Keep going !
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby hushpuppy » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:11 pm

I am on Kate Morgan and have lost in between 700 gms and 1.5 kgs each week . It is expected u lose between 1 to 1.5 kgs . As your goal gets closer the harder it is to lose
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby JL77 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:21 pm

Dont be upset with that amount, thats a great loss. You should be very proud of yourself
JEZ

Starting Weight 20/1/08 ~ 86kg
28/1/08 ~ 85kg
2 /2/08 ~ 84.2
JL77

Postby Jane85 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:27 pm

1.4 kg's is an awesome result, thats like lugging around nearly a block and a half of cheese.

Your efforts for the week payed off...keep it up!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wEuhBwI/]
[/url]
Jane85

Postby ladyluck » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:16 pm

Hey hey! I'm new to the forums. I was looking around Google for recipes that would be suitable for the Kate Morgan program and came across this forum that helped me getting my head back around to sticking to this weight loss program. Got a bit of inspiration :D

I've done the Kate Morgan program once before and lost about 5 kg's in a few weeks (can't remember exactly) but I had a lot of alochol inbetween because, well.. I love alcohol. Beer especially (Pure Blonde) But this time around, I'm cutting it out completely.

Last time I got to a point where I felt extremely tired, depressed and just no energy at all so I stopped it not too long in to it. I was only taking Multivitamins at that time though and this time I've opted to purchase both the Chromium and Benefiber as recommended along with Multi's. I think this will help.

After Kate Morgan I fluctuated between doing Weight Watchers, Lite N Easy and just eating Subway (I work there :P).

I got down to about 82kg's last time on the Kate Morgan program but weighed in last Saturday when grabbing my next week's supply... I weighed in at 87.6kg's -I was wearing jeans and hadn't eaten anything but had drank about a litre of water so I definately had a full bladder. Overshare ? :P

The first weigh in will see the figures change but mainly because of the jeans.. but atleast it will give me that push and can trick myself into believing that it was all the diet.

First week, I've had headaches, feel a little dehydrated (even though I'm drinking plenty of water), very tired, feeling really hungry and grumpy. Finding it hard to concentrate also.

But I hope that I can stick out the first phase. Let's see how I go!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wex70t2/]
[/url]
ladyluck

Return to Weight loss Talk