It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:56 am

Free Newsletter

Not eating enough kilojoules

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Not eating enough kilojoules

Postby Angel » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:32 pm

I have been counting Kilojoules since the start of February and find that I'm not eating my quota each day. In fact, I would say that I probably only eat 6 days worth of kilojoules over 7 days (if that makes sense) and thats being generous.

My daily intake is 5670KJs (or 1350 cals) but most days I struggle to make 4620KJs (or 1100).

It's not that I'm not eating enough, I have three meals, and sometimes snacks inbetween. A lot of the time I find I'm not hungry but eat because its a particular meal time.

Last week I put on 0.4kgs, now this could be put down to 'that time of the month', and I blame that because I write down everything I eat and have not binged or gone off track since I started OR it could be because I'm not eating enough Kilojoules.

Can anyone offer advice, I don't particular want to eat for the sake of eating but I'm not sure what else I can do.

I found the same thing happened when I was at Weight Watchers, one week I put on and when the lecturer looked at my food diary and tallied the points I'd eaten, it was because I hadn't been eating enough points, yet I'd eaten quite a bit but it was all low point stuff. Every week I had to push myself to eat my quota.

I find planning what I'll eat in advance to restrictive and not much fun at all.

Help, anyone????

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:41 pm

Now there's a problem I don't have :roll: .

And this is why I don't count points - I just go by what my body tells me. Are you making sure you eat low GI? This may help if your body wants to be in starvation mode but you're not hungry since it will have consisten energy to burn. That's not based on any specific knowledge, just a guess.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby natalie » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:07 pm

Hello Angel

I agree with what butterfly Dawn said.I do wish I had your problem though...I am really struggling with my points at the moment.I am the kind of person that needs the structure of having points because I am natrually a big eater.I must have been or else I would not have gotten myself into this trouble :oops:

Natalie :)

"All we have is here and now"

Postby Angel » Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:26 pm

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies.

When I eat, I always chose Low GI foods or natural, wholesome ones. Most of these are low kilojoule or points. Hmmm, maybe that's my problem, I'm eating too healthy :lol:

I'll keep on trying to eat my quota. Perhaps if I'm not hungry having a soy fruit smoothie might be an idea, at least that might help my kilojoule count??? I really hate the idea of eating/drinking for the sake of it though.

Or maybe if I keep an eye on things for another month and see if I continue to lose weight, I'm not really fussed with how much I eat as long as I lose weight - I know that doesn't sound good but maybe its better than me eating for the sake of eating . . . .

Postby Groovychic » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:21 pm

Hi Angel,
When I spoke to the doctor last year about having trouble losing weight he asked me to give him some examples of the usual food for a day, which I did and he told me I wasn't eating enough food. I'm like you and I dont like to eat unless I feel hungry. And I guess that is what we have been taught to an extent lately. Only eat if you are hungry etc etc. It sounds like you are doing the right thing with your food. So I don't really know why you would be putting on a tad bit of weight. I would say most likely the monthlies. I put on a kilo in fluid the day before and the first 2 days, then slowly lose 1/2 kilo over the next couple of days, then it will take me another 4 -5 weeks to lose that 1/2 kilo and we are back at square 1 again. My cycle is 6 weekly, which is just as well or else I would be adding on weight every month. It seems that just as I drop down 1/2 kilo finally, it's that time again and I put on again!!! So I would say it has something to do with that time of the month. If you are not sure then go and see the doctor. Well done on your weight loss to date tho. You are going great guns.

Keep Smiling!!!

Postby dragonfly » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:03 pm

yeah it seems so unfair when you eat such calories that you dont loose weight.
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg

Return to Weight loss Talk