It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:58 pm

Free Newsletter

staying track of your food

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

staying track of your food

Postby JL77 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:23 pm

How do you staytrack of what you are eating?

Do you use a diary etc?
JEZ

Starting Weight 20/1/08 ~ 86kg
28/1/08 ~ 85kg
2 /2/08 ~ 84.2
JL77

Postby Fiona25 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:02 pm

I do a few things.

I write in the food diary section on here everyday, and write down on a scrap piece of paper what i've had at every meal or otherwise I forget and can't remember what to put in the food diary on here!

The last 3 days i've been doing a slightly obcessive thing :P I made up a spreadsheet with colums for each meal, and rows for what my meal contained, calories, fat, carbs, proten and fibre. The night before I design my meals for the next day and add up how much it will be of each of the above, cals etc. I'm averging 1350 cals, 25grams fat, 150 carbs, 80 proten and 25 fibre. I'm finding it REALLY easy to stick to my food intake this way and give myself plenty of variety so I don't get bored or hungry.
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby shelbel » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:27 pm

I have a diary, it comes with me nearly everywhere :roll:

I also track my water, steps and exercise in it. Id be lost without it!! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:28 pm

I use the Calorie King website. I'm rarely away from a computer for long so I can always add what I had for my last meal or enter in what I'm planning for my next.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby yoyogirl88 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:13 pm

EvilWombatQueen wrote:I use the Calorie King website. I'm rarely away from a computer for long so I can always add what I had for my last meal or enter in what I'm planning for my next.

Exactly what i do and doesnt it work well.
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby electrongirl » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:15 pm

I use Weight Watchers Etools and also my WW journal.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby SarahC » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:02 pm

I write it all down in an excercise book. At the moment I'm just recording the time, what I ate and the calories. Then at the end of the day, I subtract the calories I used and find (hopefully!!) my calorie deficit for the day. I also write in the food diary on here, particularly when I'm at work and my diary is at home. For some reason I feel less stressed after I have it all written down..

I also tried the full on spreadsheet thing with the protein, fat, carbs. I found that it drove me a bit nuts and I started overeating badly, so I stopped doing that!
SarahC

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:26 pm

yoyogirl88 wrote:
EvilWombatQueen wrote:I use the Calorie King website. I'm rarely away from a computer for long so I can always add what I had for my last meal or enter in what I'm planning for my next.

Exactly what i do and doesnt it work well.

I find it's also great for planning meals and snacks. I can add things temporarily and see how they affect my daily calorie tally before making a decision about what to eat. It really helps remind me to make better food choices!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby hysterical_oliver » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:37 pm

I started out writing a diary and obsessing over every little thing in it. After a while I felt confident that I had a pretty good idea of the calories in the foods I was eating and portion sizes too, I got really slack on the diary but I am still doing as well as I ever was maybe even better because I am not driven by it anymore. I still journal my weight and measurements and make sure I read all the nutrition tables on food though. The journal either online or old school is a great tool to use and that way you can really see what you are putting into your body and how it affects you too :D
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby Sas » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:38 pm

I write in an exercise book what I eat and the carb and calorie content. I use calorie king to add up the contents of meals that I make.

Usually after a few weeks I stop writing in it but if I find I'm starting to get a bit slack with what I'm eating I start to be very diligent about filling it in.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Postby Gal Friday » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:52 pm

I am also a WW e-tool user, and track it all online. I love it actually. lol. It is like having another gadget!
Gal Friday

Return to Weight loss Talk