It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:33 am

Free Newsletter

Trying something different.

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Dolly » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:40 pm

Thank you both, I'll keep you informed as to whether its just another fad diet or the real McCoy :D
Dolly

Postby jaydees » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:06 pm

my friend up the road said today that she has heaps more energy and doesnt feel like she is missing out on anything doing this diet.her clothes r so loose today .i can see she has already lost weight.she leaves her second shake for afternoon cause that is when she is the most hungriest
jaydees

Postby jaydees » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:44 am

i tried one of the shakes yesterday from the tony f.diet.the chocolate one and it was nice,couldnt believe how thick it was.the thing i would miss would be my bread and pumpkin and potato but apart from that i could handle it.how r u going dolly?what flavour shake do u like the best?
jaydees

Postby Dolly » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:26 am

Hi jaydees, I'm finding that on the first couple of days I had carbohydrate withdrawals in the form of nasty headaches but I'm past that now. I also felt pretty hungry as it's just a watery shake but I think I may be past that now too (there is a fibre additive you can purchase not sure if it's a Tony Ferguson product, but it not only fills you up and thicken the shakes but it also helps with any constipation the person may be experiencing. I do not have any constipation but I'd like to feel more full and also have a thicker shake (I add more water to my shake to make it feel like I'm getting more)

My favourite shakes are the Strawberries and Cream also the Banana shake. The others were nice. I have not bought the Berry, Expresso or Toffee shakes. The Mocca, Vanilla and the Chocolate were nice but did not excite me too much.
Dolly

Postby jaydees » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:42 am

hi dolly,i know u said u dont like that it is not thick enough.could u have less water in it cause it does go really thick with less water.and maybe have a cuppa coffee or something b4 u have shake so u dont feel deprived with having less water.that would give u the thickness u want.keep up the good work!
jaydees

Postby Tas » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:59 am

Dolly, could you perhaps add a bannana or some yoghurt to it to thicken it a little?

Just a thought
Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby Dolly » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:29 am

That would sound like the perfect solution, unfortunately dairy is not allowed or the diet won't work. There is plenty of non dairy calcium in the shake food drink.

Also if I use one of my two pieces of fruit I'm allowed in the day to put in my shake I might not be able to last the day, I am soooo hungry on this diet and wish there was more food allowed.
Dolly

Postby Tas » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:36 am

Dolly, a part from the shakes what are you allowed to have per day? I am concerned that you are hungry and no diet should make you feel that hungry there is always something you can have that is not fattening. So my concern is that you are not having enough to eat to sustain you through to your next shake.
Worry, worry, worry... :-)
Maria
Tas

Postby Dolly » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:41 pm

Please don't worry Maria,
The shakes are a balanced composition on Protein and Vitamins and Minerals for one adult per day.
The diet is such that your insulin level drops to a healthy level where you enter a state of ketosis and body fat is burnt as energy.
Ketosis lets us live off our body fat when necessary rather than doing harm it actually makes the body run more efficiently.
Ketosis is a natural energy producing process that is inhibited by our high carb, highly processed diets.

A Typical Day
(2 to 3 litres of water and unlimited caffeine free drinks No Sugar)
BREAKFAST
Tony Ferguson's meal replacement shake
MID MORNING
Fruit
LUNCH
Tony Ferguson's meal replacement shake
MID AFTERNOON
Fruit
Diet caffeine free soda
DINNER
1 palm -sized piece of protein fron the list allowed
3 or more cups of vegetables
AFTER DINNER
Diet jelly

A normal person could survive on that, I just still have hungry eyes Image
I think I'll go back to the chemist and get the fibre thickener for the shakes (it's supposed to give one a full feeling)
Dolly

Postby jaydees » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:57 pm

not good to feel hungry dolly,that is when u crave more of the wrong foods.i think it would be a good idea to go back to the chemist and get the thickner.
jaydees

Postby Tas » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:15 pm

Ok Dolly I won't worry!!Not
The fibre thickener sounds like it will help then by giving you that full feeling - best go and get some I think.
The meal allowance doesn't sound a lot to me - but it sounds like you are monitoring yourself well - let's hope that there is a speedy result.

Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:28 pm

I guess it can't hurt to try something different, and I trust Dolly wouldn't do anything silly :wink:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby emma21 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:37 pm

Hi Everyone

Not sure if we are allowed to post other websites on here but....

http://www.tonyferguson.com is the website for the Tony Ferguson diet...

I was looking at it the other day and thought a few of you might like to have a look

Emma :)
emma21

Postby frumpy07 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:58 pm

Ive just started the Tony Ferguson diet today, teamed up with my grandma who wants to lose weight too (and shes 78). I have had a nagging headache all day and do feel a bit hungry but I havent been tempted to break it... yet. Im just going to have to stock up on salad veggies, diet jelly and caffeine free- sugar free coke to make it through each day.
I actually enjoy the shakes, the flavours are great and even though you have to make it up with water it does taste milky. My mums tip on how to make it thicker is to mix it up in a blender with lots of ice (and a banana if I want a big brekky).
Im just dreading the days that I babysit and work because thats when I do the most, and especially with the kids I babysit for and making their lunches :? But I can handle the days Im at uni.
My grandma has already told me that shes not giving up so Im not allowed to give up on her and that is the biggest motivation yet for me.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

STICKS AND STONES MAY BREAK YOUR BONES, BUT CAKE WON'T HEAL WHAT HURTS YOU.
frumpy07

Postby frumpy07 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:00 pm

For some reason when I typed the number eight it came with the smiley face wearing glasses, but just so its clear shes seventy eight. :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

STICKS AND STONES MAY BREAK YOUR BONES, BUT CAKE WON'T HEAL WHAT HURTS YOU.
frumpy07

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk