It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:49 am

Free Newsletter

Weight loss programs

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Weight loss programs

Postby Bri » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:46 pm

Hi all I have a couple of questions to ask out of curiosity...

what sort of weight loss program are you on and have you found it to be effective

have you gone off the weight loss program and how did you go afterwards did you put the weight back on.

I am asking because in between I have considered putting my self on one to help get the weight moving a bit quicker then cutting back once I have lost X amount but I am worried about putting the weight back on if I go off the program.

Postby HappyBella55 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:16 am

I'm not on a diet.

I'm on a lifestyle change. This is for life and I'm incorporating good eating and exercise for life.

At the beginning I wanted to lose the weight quickly too but then after reading peoples comments on this forum, my own general reading on nutrition and exercise, and talking to my PT I have realised that if I want to permanently lose the weight I have to do it slowly and for life.

I don't restrict ANY food. Everything in moderation. If I want my chocolate and cake I'll have some, just not as much as I used to.

If you go on a diet that is very restrictive and then come off it the chances are that you will put on all the weight you lost plus more, because you haven't learned how to change your eating and you've got this mentality of restriction, restriction, restriction, bad food, bad food bad food. So when you come of the diet the first thing you do is go back to your old ways of eating.

So changing things gradually and incorporating exercise is the way to go.

Of course its all about the numbers too: energy in versus energy out.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!

Postby Bri » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:51 am

Thanks that's sort of what I've thought as well but I am still finding it hard I go to the gym between three - four times a week, as well as still doing heaps of walking (I don't have my license so I wlak everywhere inc walking the kids to school as well as done to my local shopping centrewhich is 20mins away).

I have completely changed the way I eat I don't have anywhere near the same amount of junk food I used to have and I have completely cut out all soft drink except for very rare occasions (like christmas).

But I don't feel like I am losing weight and every week when I step on the scales here at home it still says 90k or more.

Postby Chrissie » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:59 pm

:D I have been on Kate Morgan for 1.5 weeks. I have lost 2kg. Kate Morgan is meal replacement with shakes for breakfast and lunch and nornal dinner. You can eat soup or fuit in between meals. I know that this is not long term, and that I will need to replace shakes with normal eating. I only plan to stay on Kate Morgan for another 2-3 weeks and then will introduce breakfast and lunch and keep up with my exercise routine which is 4-5 times per week. I usually either walk 4 km, or go to the gym, weights, or exercise video. I agree that it is a lifestyle change, not something you do for a couple of months and then fall off the band wagon.

Good luck with your choice of weight loss program :)
Put yourself last and you will achieve nothing. Make time and believe in yourself and you will be amazed what you can achieve

Postby Fiona25 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:07 pm

I'm not on any sales type program or manufactured diet. I'm just eating very well, approx 1300-1500 cals a day, 20-30grams of fat, 150gram carbs, 80-100grams protein, drinking 3ltrs water a day and doing 90mins exercise a day.

Its working for me and its something I can stick with. I like that I don't have to worry about 'going off a diet'.
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!

Return to Weight loss Talk