It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:35 pm

Free Newsletter

I'm having a bad day...

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I'm having a bad day...

Postby kittykat84 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:34 pm

I feel like [email protected] today. I was looking through some of the photo's taken at christmas and I am sooo unhappy with how I look! I know it should be motivation for me to get moving even more but I just feel really down at the moment :( It was my birthday yesterday and my best friend made me a cake and I felt so bad so I ate a small piece... it was sponge cake so it wasn't too bad but I have been feeling so guilty today!!!

I really want to change, but some days i feel like "what's the point"

Help! Any words of wisdom?

Thanks in advance!

Katie :cry:
kittykat84

Postby Fiona25 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:44 pm

I'm sorry you're having a bad day Katie :( but remember, we ALL have them.

There IS a HUGE point to keep going. You want to change your lifestyle and your life! You want to feel and look healthier and better. Unfortunately it won't happen overnight but it WILL happen with the right tools of diet, exercise and support.

I think looking at the big picture can make it all seem so hopeless and worthless, but take each day at a time and set yourself small goals - 1,3,5kg goals, whichever you feel is attainable.

You CAN do this and we're all here to help you through the hard times as well as the great ones *HUGS*
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby seanyss » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:45 pm

Hi Katie,

Starting a healthy eating plan is always hard, just ask yourself what you want and how bad you want it.
In the end you are doing this for yourself and think of how fantastic the results will be!
Dont feel guilty about eating cake on your birthday! We all have to indulge some time!
Good luck with everything! I hope you start feeling better!
seanyss

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wKy6oil/]
[/url]
seanyss

Postby HappyBella55 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:32 pm

Hi Katie

Just remember that losing weight is more than mere motivation. It's about willingness and determination to change your lifestyle. Motivation comes and goes; it is never constant and must be worked at.

We all have off days. I know I do and reminding myself of my goals and what I want to achieve and why I'm doing this, this fuels me to continue going. Take it one meal at at time, one exercise session at a time, and one day at a time.

Once you start seeing results, it’ll pump you to keep on going.

Also setting goals is so powerful. It keeps you focused on why you are losing weight and what you want to achieve.

Bella.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby GoddessInside » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:39 pm

Bella you are always spot on ! I've never found myself in a position where I am constantly agreeing with everything a person has posted, like I do when I read your posts !

Katie, we are human and this itself is everyone's weakness. We're not machines that can be programmed to completely discard emotions, vulnerabilities and feelings.

Don't be too hard on yourself, it could have been much worse and you could have eaten the entire cake but you chose NOT to, instead opting for a small piece ! Do you realise that that itself is a major achievement ? You are already taking those steps to changing your life forever !

The way you are feeling proves to me that you are ready to take this challenge by the horns and prove to yourself that you can do this. I believe in you Katie, you CAN and WILL do this :)

Helen
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby GoddessInside » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:39 pm

P.S.

Happy Belated Birthday :)
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:38 pm

Happy belated birthday! And don't worry about the cake. I'm pretty sure that eating birthday cake is mandatory on your birthday. If not, it should be! And you only ate one slice! That is an amazing display of willpower.

Don't give up on your weight loss! Remember that Christmas comes at the end of this year as well. And you have a choice on how you want to look in the next lot of Christmas photos. You can end the year at the same weight or you can choose to end the year healthy, fit and thin. It's up to you how you want to look and feel at the end of the year, and you're the only one who can do something about it! Time's going to pass quick enough anyway. It's up to you how you use it, by losing weight or by staying the same.

Hang in there!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Fireball » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:06 pm

I know how you feel Katie. I swing between feeling inspired and excited and feeling like crap. Especially as it seems such a log way to go! Hope you feel better. PS Don't waste your time feeling guilty it is a waste of emotion.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby GoddessInside » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:16 am

Fireball wrote:I know how you feel Katie. I swing between feeling inspired and excited and feeling like crap. Especially as it seems such a log way to go! Hope you feel better. PS Don't waste your time feeling guilty it is a waste of emotion.

It's easy to lose motivation when there's more to lose but the main things is to NEVER lose sight of your goal.

How are you feeling Katie ?
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Bri » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:33 am

Katie I can empathise with how you are feeling right now, monday I was feeling a bit crap about everything in general that I ended up overindulging but I still didn't over indulge as much as what I used to.

Then last night I felt guilty cos I'd helped celebrate my mum's and my b'day with a muffin and a iced chocolate but i'll be good now for the rest of the week even with going out for tea tonight I will go all healthy.

I'm just trying to focus on the smaller goals as I find that so much easier than the bigger picture.
Bri

Postby kittykat84 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:33 am

Hey Everyone,

Thanks so much for your words of kindness and support. I feel so much better today. Like you suggested, I'm taking it one day at a time, but trying to look at the big picture too!

I know I can do it, and I will do it! It's up to me now and I wan to prove myself right!

Thanks again, I've never had anyone say anything so supportive before! You are all amazing!

Katie
kittykat84

Postby garn » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:51 am

Happy Birthday. dont be mad at yourself for having a bit of a treat. If we didnt do that every now and then we would ultimatly crave something so badly when we finally ate it we would go overboard!.

I have a birthday coming up at the end of Jan...my struggle will be that it is my daughters birthday on the same day and my youngest daughters birthday the next day!!!! Naturally they both want a cake and we normally end up with 3 plus a work cake....at least its all over with in a couple of days though.

take care and keep working at it.
anita

Mini Goal 100
garn

Postby Sas » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:08 am

I'm glad you feel better today chickie. You sound like you are much more positive today.

Keep up the good work!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Postby kittykat84 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:55 pm

I feel so much better today - thanks so much ladies!!!

I went to the gym and I did 5km on the treadmill with 1.5% incline!!! That is unheard of for me !!

Also, I'm going to do another workout tonight with hubby at the beach running up stairs (if my knee will take it!)

Thanks again - I love knowing that there is support here when and if I need it!!

Just hope my hard work shows at my weigh in on monday!!!

Katie
kittykat84

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:22 pm

Great that you're feeling better. That's a terrific effort you put in on the treadmill as well. Well done!
EvilWombatQueen

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk