It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:28 am

Free Newsletter

LETS BE HONEST WHEN DID WE REALISE WE WERE FAT!!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

LETS BE HONEST WHEN DID WE REALISE WE WERE FAT!!!

Postby sandpaperthighs » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:29 pm

OK IM GOING TO TO BLUNT AND HONEST.....
when was that defining moment in your life that you truely felt fat and thought i have to do something about my weight?
its like one morning you wake up and you get out of bed look in the mirror and realise "HEY IM REALLY QUITE FAT" (and when did that happen)
the fact that you have been buying size 16+ clothes didnt even twig you into thinking something might be going on.

OK NOW I AM GOING TO TELL YOU ABOUT THAT FATEFUL DAY
i was sitting on the couch at night watching tv (really where else would i be i was too fat to do anything else) and i felt uncomfortable in my skin and the fact that i didnt have a neck anymore but a chin that helped to support my head was a real eye opener.
this is my most terrifing and amazing moment of my life i finally realise i have to change my life.
i keep this moment in my head to stop me from going back.
WHAT WAS YOUR DEFINING FAT MOMENT THAT MAKES YOU NEVER WANT TO GO BACK?
sandpaperthighs

Postby electrongirl » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:40 pm

theres been so many times in my life that this has happened, being a yo-yo weight loser/gainer.

Its usually when I have to buy new clothes in a bigger size.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby SarahC » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:20 pm

First let me say.... I'm not fat, and I don't think that I am fat.

But the first time that I felt self-conscious about my body, I was very young, probably only about 4 years old if that. I was at a swimming lesson and we were all lined up along the edge of the pool. The swimming teacher walked along the line-up (true military style lol), stopped when he got to me, tapped my tummy and told me to hold it in :shock: Then when I got home, I looked at a photo of myself (which my parents still have on display btw) and noticed that my tummy was poking out and the top I had on was quite tight around that area.

So from then on I guess I just felt how different my body was from other people's, and that it was somehow not good enough. And have always felt aware of every little bump and bulge (even though I am the only one who can see it or feel it) :(
SarahC

Postby loveat116 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:23 pm

SarahC wrote:First let me say.... I'm not fat, and I don't think that I am fat.

But the first time that I felt self-conscious about my body, I was very young, probably only about 4 years old if that. I was at a swimming lesson and we were all lined up along the edge of the pool. The swimming teacher walked along the line-up (true military style lol), stopped when he got to me, tapped my tummy and told me to hold it in :shock: Then when I got home, I looked at a photo of myself (which my parents still have on display btw) and noticed that my tummy was poking out and the top I had on was quite tight around that area.

So from then on I guess I just felt how different my body was from other people's, and that it was somehow not good enough. And have always felt aware of every little bump and bulge (even though I am the only one who can see it or feel it) :(

Dont all four year olds have little bellies though? I thought all kiddies had that :?
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby SarahC » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:26 pm

Well apparently on that day I was the only one :wink:
SarahC

Postby hel71 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:35 pm

Well for me it was my doctor telling me "im a sitting time bombwaiting to go off".... it was also my bodies ache and pains.. when i walked.. when i got up off chair or rolled out of bed it all hurt.

I have always bought new clothes as i got bigger and bigger and never been that concern, up till now.... when you have someone other than yourself or family telling you enough is enough its time to change, well it all just hit me YES IM AM OVERWEIGHT :oops: :oops:
hel71

Take this moment ....

Postby sandpaperthighs » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:41 pm

i find that this is my moment, that time im my life i never want to repeat this is what i use as my drive and motivation to never get back to that point in my life where i was uncomfortable to be me.
i started my weight journey 3 and a half years ago i was 100 kgs i then made it down to 79kgs and got pregnant since then i have had two more children (which is a total of 4 kids) noe its time for me to get the body i have always wanted so the next year will be all about me.......... BRING IT ON!!!!!!!
sandpaperthighs

Postby Moomoo » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:21 pm

I don't remember when the "actual" fat revelation came for me... I always remember being overweight!
This time it happened when I realised that I was getting married this year. I always swore to myself I would walk down the aisle in a size 14 dress and here I am - I ordered a size 20 (which is a size too small at the moment) and the wedding is September!
Moomoo

Postby GoddessInside » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:24 pm

To me it was simple .....

The week that I had continuous heart pulpitations that wouldnt cease. It wasnt a case of I wanted to lose weight, it was a case of survival.
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:27 pm

For me that moment was when I was looking at the photos from my sister's wedding. It was seeing my double chin in the photos that really did it. Anything else could be put down to a bad camera angle, or bad posture, but a roll of fat under your chin can't be explained away so easily. I was absolutely devastated. But now I'm glad for those photos. If I hadn't had that big kick up the pants to lose weight I could have easily gained another ten or so kilos before acknowledging I had a weight problem.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby hotmumma » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:43 pm

I was always chubbier than the kids at school, it never really bothered me that much though. I remember when i was 11 at swimming class i tried to suck in my belly, a friend saw me and knew i was sucking it in and she said "don't bother, no one cares". It's always stuck in my head... lol
So as a teen and adult i was always a size 14, so bigger than most friends but not unhealthy and it didn't bother me.
Then i fell pregnant... I gained 30kgs. I was obese. I still wasn't to worried as we were trying for our 2nd child straight away so i figured i'd deal with it after the 2nd.
Well i'm back to the size 14 now, but i'm going to keep going and try for a 12. Not because i'm worried about how fat i look, but because i now have kids who i want to try and stay my fittest for.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wYcM3jX/]
[/url]
hotmumma

Postby JL77 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:06 pm

I have had 2 fat moments. First was a school photo for work, I nearly cried when I saw it. I was sooooo embarressed and wanted to dig myself a hole in the ground because all the staff and parents would see it.

Then I lost 10 kilos but have it all back on now

My 2nd one was last weekend when I went to my best friends house and she took a photo of me and her baby and I really didnt realise how bad I look. My face looked like a balloon :?
JEZ

Starting Weight 20/1/08 ~ 86kg
28/1/08 ~ 85kg
2 /2/08 ~ 84.2
JL77

Postby chubbywife79 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:07 pm

For me it would be in Brisbane for christmas last year when dad was calling me names and teasing me about my size and everyone was laughing about it.
chubbywife79

Postby bferbear » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:10 pm

I was always big, but when I played a lot of sport I was heavily muscled as well. As I stopped playing sport and started drinking and eating more without exercise the muscles disappeared and the weight crept up.

It wasn't until I saw some photos from Melbourne Cup day just passed that I realised just how big I had become. When I looked in the mirror I still saw the footy player, not the spectator, I needed to see it from an impartial viewpoint to come to my senses.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfrtWWa/]
[/url]
bferbear

Postby kittykat84 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:45 pm

I found an old photo of me - when I was quite slim - and compared it to photo's taken of me now. I didn't like at all what I saw so decided that it's time to change!! Plus, I didn't want any issues with my weight when hubby and I decide to have kids
kittykat84

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk