It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:50 pm

Free Newsletter

LETS BE HONEST WHEN DID WE REALISE WE WERE FAT!!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Pandora » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:46 am

i always believed that i was fat and dirty/evil/greedy because of it, even as a small child when i was only average. guess i kinda lived up to that belief as i developed food attitude issues. sucks to be a kid and hate your body!

i *am* overweight now, but don't hate my body anymore. but to answer the question, one memory comes to mind. i was 13 and had caught the wrong bus home from school and had to walk a few extra blocks home from school in the blazing summer heat. the chafing of my thighs in my schooldress grew to be so painful i had to keep stopping, and cried the whole way home, sore with every step. that was really difficult, can't hide from that truth.

of course there are dozens of dressing room memories with my mother/aunt knocking on the door and a bunch of people waiting outside while i tried frantically to squeeze into the biggest size available, bawling my eyes out.

pandora :)
Pandora

Postby Pandora » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:48 am

wow, that was poorly composed :lol: sorry guys, 5 am!
Pandora

Postby Tarz » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:22 am

There have been a few like times when i put on my jeans then rip them off and opt for a pair of black pants because they are more slimming or when i get ready for the beach and see a muffin top over my board shorts. But for me the main time was just before Christmas, i went out with my fiance, our room mate and his girlfriend. We were going to a 21st in Kingscross so i put on this really nice black maxi dress i bought. It was a size 12 which made me happy (but when i really think about it i only fit in a size 12 dress because i have no chest i am pretty flat and a fairly large booty - its runs in the family my mum has it and so does her mum - and dress can fit over ay size but.) i thought i looked really nice, my hair was out and straight and the dress was a strapless, i was happy with what i saw in the mirror then we went out. When i saw the photos on my friends facebook page i felt horrible. i had a fat roll under each arm where it looked like the dress cut into me but i swear it didn't. My face looked so round and i had an extra chin.
Its not that i think i am fat when i look in the mirror its what i see when the photos come back cos that is how other people see me.

I'm getting married in 2 years and if i buy a strapless dress i do not want to look like that. I don't want to see photos that make me feel horrible, i want to show every one the photos with pride.
Tarz

Postby emmaline » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:35 pm

I think I always feel like the biggest one in the room.
Even when I was little and in primary school I felt that way, but when I look back I was actually really fine.
I've actually had a lot of those "Oh dear" moments... when mum would try to suggest as kindly as possible that I wear something different.
But it REALLY hit me when I went to the snow with my boyfriend and friends last winter.
I had to be weighed for skis and when I jumped on the scales (while everyone else was busy thank god) the guy weighing me looked so shocked. I actually saw his eyebrows jump like in the cartoons! Or maybe it was this... :shock:
And I refused to take my boots and bag off because I wanted my actual weight to be ambiguous to him... so he was kind enough to minus some kilos from the total. But it probably wasn't necessary...
I wasn't hugely overweight, but it was much bigger than I was when I started Weight Watchers 4 years earlier.
It was a real wake up call... Especially when I was weighing a lot more than my boyfriend who is a couple of feet taller!
emmaline

Postby Tummygirl » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:38 pm

Emmaline That sounds so much like my experience last year also. It wasnt getting weighed for the Skies but it was feeling comfortable which I def did not.
Cassie xox

Starting Weight 140 kg
Loss To Date 5 kg
Current Weight 135 KG
Tummygirl

Postby emmaline » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:00 pm

Agreed Tummygirl!
I'm just over not being comfortable in my own skin
2008 is the year we all change that hey!
emmaline

Postby HappyBella55 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:39 pm

At my heaviest 77kgs I felt like my weight was spiralling out of control. If I didn't wake up to the fact that I was getting fat (and people were hinting) and kept denying how big I was getting I would have got heavier and heavier and heavier.

Plus the fact that my clothes weren't fitting me anymore.

Also I hate seeing photo's of me. There are times I feel so great when I get dressed to go out and then I see pictures of me (7kgs lighter) and I get disgusted with what I see :cry: :x. I've even gone as far as deleting photos off mine and my boyfriends camera :oops: :roll:

Photos really reflect how we look. Mirrors are deceptive.

Also I hate being the biggest girl amongst my group of female friends. Women are so b*tchy and competitive regarding looks and clothes. I always stand out because I’m the biggest amongst them all
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby oostevens » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:14 pm

well it was at an old friends wedding. i was bridesmaid/matron of honour. this was last may 06. i was the biggest, i had to get a bigger dress, and on the actual wedding day, i was mega depressed and didnt even want to be there. i didnt enjoy the day at all. i felt fat and unattractive and bigger than my husband and everyone i knew. i felt like everyone was looking at me (of course they werent) and i was very unstable. i prolly brought the mood down a heap :(

i looked at photos from the day and it made me want to cry. i have never ever been so big in my entire life. i suddenly saw how much i had put on and it was like i was not blindfolded anymore. see i thought i wasnt as big as i was, and it wasnt until i could see how i actually looked, that i could begin to change.
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby Fireball » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:10 am

oh I forgot to mention my daughter's wedding. I had purchased a dress that I convinced myself I looked ok in. hmm A fair bit of self denial in that. I have a friend who is a seamstress and she said the seam on the bust was a little tight and could be taken out a bit. Frankly i didnt care about it, minor, and the least of my problems, but she was insistent that she wanted to adjust it. Well it is amazing that she is still my friend. She made it hang so bad. I felt like a giant wrinkly plum pudding. :( Sometimes you have to chose whether to laugh or cry so I chose to laugh. She is still my best friend hehe but I'm wary about her when she has a needle in her hand. I never said anything to her about it because I figure I'm lucky to have someone who cares about enough to make the huge effort that she did.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Re: LETS BE HONEST WHEN DID WE REALISE WE WERE FAT!!!

Postby Rockequeen » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:33 pm

when i was taking a bath, i was having trouble fitting in it, also my close size was up to size 18, while i was walking i found it hard i kept puffing.
Rockequeen

Re:

Postby big_love » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:24 pm

Pandora wrote:... the chafing of my thighs in my schooldress grew to be so painful i had to keep stopping, and cried the whole way home, sore with every step...

I know exactly what you mean..for me, that was about 4 years ago at the beach...the only pair of pants i had packed were wet, and i was walking around this mall trying not to cry looking for a pair of pants that would fit me...god, it was humiliating and will never happen again!!! I always pack extra now!
140/117/85
big_love

Re: Re:

Postby hysterical_oliver » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:31 pm

Pandora wrote:... the chafing of my thighs in my schooldress grew to be so painful i had to keep stopping, and cried the whole way home, sore with every step...

I remember having the exact same problem about ten years ago, I wish I'd done all this hard work back then :evil: Surprisingly I think I weigh about the same now as I did when I first realised I was scarring the bejeezus out of my thighs lol could have saved myself years of torment if I'd had my epiphany back then :roll:
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby Shay » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:33 am

The other day I realised that I should be in the best shape of my life, especially since my wedding is in 6 months. And chances are once I have kids i'm going to gain weight, and I needed to get in shape now so that I'd be able to do it when that time came.

And I also saw my naked reflection in the mirror :cry:
Had my baby girl Leah on 13/12/10!

Weight at 40 weeks: 81.5kg
SW 4 days post-baby: 74.4kg
CW: 67kg

1st mini goal: 72kg - DONE!
2nd mini goal: 70kg - DONE!
3rd mini goal: 67kg - DONE!

4th mini goal: 64kg
Shay

Postby NewMe » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:58 am

I've been struggling with my weight for 10 years now. I knew I had a weight problem because my family kept telling me I had one. But I guess the defining moment for me was when a guy I really admired at school called my a fat ugly cow.Until then it didn't occur to me that I was FAT. I was just larger IYKWIM?!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqW2v1C/]
[/url]
NewMe

Postby tanzie21 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:36 am

I was skinny and tiny all my life, I am 5 foot tall/short and was always 45 kg
after my first child ( got up to 65kg) I got back down to 47kg
after my second 55 ( got up to 70)
my third 53k ( got up to 71)
forth child 53kg ( from 71)
fifth child 53kg (From 71)
when she was only 1yr old I got some horrible news and did not take it well
I started drinking and eating, lots of both, I put on lots of weight up to 73 kg
I was ignored it all and I guess pretended I was not really that big, Then about 3 years
ago I was in Canberra on holidays, my friend took me shopping and I could not even fit
size 16, and they did not have size 18, still I ignored it, but then I looked up the body
mass index.... it said I was obese, man was I shocked! . So I stopped drinking and lost
4 Kg, then got pregnant, lol, but by the end of the pregnancy I was only 63 kg, WOW first time ever
I lost weight in a pregnancy. But sadly put it all back on, but this time I faced it, she is 1 now
and I will lose it all again, but at 39 years old, its much harder now then when I was younger,
ohhh and i like food now too, and don't like walking much, except when it takes me away from the 6 kids
Leanne
tanzie21

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk