It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:29 am

Free Newsletter

LETS BE HONEST WHEN DID WE REALISE WE WERE FAT!!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: LETS BE HONEST WHEN DID WE REALISE WE WERE FAT!!!

Postby lizvic22 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:31 pm

i am 22 and i am 5'10 and have always weighed around 70kg+ range in the last two-three years i have finally started exercising.. but i seem to have gained weight!
im now 92kg and feel disgusting! i have always been over weight.
i have just started reductil and not sure how its going to work
lizvic22

Postby Kimmie » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:30 am

I've never been overweight, just the fat end of "healthy".

When I was 13, I tried on a top I really liked at a store, but my mum said I was too "meaty" to wear it (yes, that is the word she used).

When I was 15 I got massive stretch marks all over my bum and thighs. Whenever I went to the beach, I got rashes between my legs from the chaffing. I asked my friends if that was normal, but they were thin, so apparently it was not normal. Just bloody painful.

Soon after, I had a psychosis, and I lost a crazy (no pun intended) amount of weight, simply because I forgot to eat on a regular basis. About a year later, relatively normal cognitive service had resumed (psychosis was temporary, thank goodness), and I put all the weight back on. I have memories of seeing reflections/photos of me with my friends. Sitting at the computer and looking down to see several rolls of fat on a protruding stomach. I never wore pants because I have such wide hips, and a fat bum, unless it was with a massively over-sized and long t-shirt to hide it (which of course looked awful).

In 2004 I had my first serious boyfriend. We moved in together pretty quickly. He was actually overweight (it was so weird being the skinny one in the relationship!), and after he got fed up with my whinging about my weight, we went on a diet together. After a few months of dieting, he was healthy, and I got down to 56kg, so I was looking pretty trim. I got all the compliments, blah blah blah. A year later I put some of it back on, and I was hovering around 60-62kg, which I was reasonably happy with. We broke up a year after that, which resulted in a bit more weight loss, since I was constantly anxious and has no appetite.

A year ago I started dating my current partner, who I love to bits! We're getting engaged after he submits his thesis next month, and we're planning to get married next year. Trent is tall, muscular, and gorgeous! I was so happy with him! He eats so much food, as though he were a growing teenager, and he loves chocolate, cheese, wine, you name it! So, I stacked the weight on pretty quickly. Last year I had several attempts to lose weight, but it resulted in incrementally putting on more weight. I got up to 68.5kg, which is literally the highest weight I can be before I am classified as overweight, and I can't fit in most of clothes anymore.

So, that is my extremely long story! hahaha sorry... :P

I've lost the weight before -- I CAN DO IT AGAIN!
Kimmie

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:32 am

I always 'knew' and hated the fact that I was fatter than other people, but I didn't think I was as fat as I really was. Then I saw my photo from honours end of year (my OMG photo) AND had wisdom teeth out during which my anaesthesist (can never spell that word) was worried about complications due to my weight!! Nothing like the 'you could die in routine operation due to your spare tyre' to hit it home for you.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby zoe » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:33 pm

I do some acting work - theatre, short films, whatever I can get my hands on and the moment I realised I was fat was when I was watching a short film I was in and I was standing next to a number of other people int he film looking obviously bigger and I turned around in them film and saw the size of my behind waddling off.

That image is glued to my mind everytime I think of reaching for a chocolate bar...
Have the courage to act on your dreams - leave behind you the internal forces that hold you back.

zoe

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk