It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:23 am

Free Newsletter

"RENOVATIONS" HELP

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

"RENOVATIONS" HELP

Postby Fairie » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:23 am

Renovations :twisted: :twisted:

We started our kitchen reno's over 3 weeks ago, ripped everything out ready for my new cupboards and appliances to arrive on the 6th March. Had a phone call on the 10th informing us that the manufacturer who was making them had a problem with his machine and had to re-do them all again. :evil:

We have not had a word since so I rang this morning and was told they may be ready by the end of next week. :evil: :cry:

This is so interfering with my weightlosses as we have been living off the BBQ, Subway and the local pub. I am finding it so hard to stay focused that it is starting to get to me and I'm so frightened of putting back on what I have lost. I put on a couple of kilo when I went to weigh-in 3 weeks ago and each week I have been rescheduling. I have an appointment on Friday and I'm so stressing out about it. :(
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby losebabyfat_2005 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:35 am

I'm not sure exactly what to say... But here's my advice anyway. I know we all hate to gain weight (even i do!) but.... it doesn't sound like you've been too off track and if you have gained weight just see it as 'Oh well I've put on a kilo or two, I'll just make a fresh start today.'

Who knows though, you may surprise yourself! If you want to talk I'm here for you.

Tanya
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgD7vDi/]
[/url]
losebabyfat_2005

Postby Jo » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:54 pm

Hi Fairie,

As I read your post all I could think of was ..... "Try not to stress out" .... :wink:

I found these hints online ... maybe it'll help:

Tip #1. Shake it up with herbs and spices!

These herbs and spices will add lots of flavor without adding loads of sodium:

* basil
* bay leaf
* chili powder
* cinnamon
* cumin
* curry powder
* dry mustard
* garlic powder, not garlic salt
* onion powder, not onion salt
* oregano
* paprika
* parsley
* pepper, black and red
* poultry seasoning
* thyme
* no-salt spice blends

Put it all together with this Hot 'N' Spicy Seasoning recipe:

Ingredients:
1/4 cup paprika
2 tablespoons oregano
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard

Mix all of the spices in a bowl and store in airtight container. This seasoning mix tastes good on meat, poultry, or fish. Instead of salt, sprinkle some on the food and then cook it as you usually do. Or, mix some with plain bread crumbs and then coat the meat with the crumbs...yum! If you want a little less bite to the spice, add less chili powder, or more if you like it hot! hot! hot!

Chin up ... wont be long and you'll be in your new kitchen whipping up a storm.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Jo

Postby Groovychic » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:35 pm

Just think of it as a little lump in the long road of your new healthy life. You have done so extremely well thus far that you should not worry so much about the little weight gain. Just bear it in mind that you have gained a tad and maybe do a little more exercise if you have the time. But also you have been renovating and most likely have gained more muscle. I know when we were building this house I started to look a lot better as I was building muscle! Geez I can even lift 40kg packs of tiles now!!!! Think of all the weight lifting. You might be able to give those women weightlifters a run for their money now!!! You just have to remember that there are good sides to every little hiccup along the way. You'll be fine. I know how depressing the scales can be. That is why it does pay to measure yourself as well. I only remeasure once a month to see if there has been any difference. And as long as it doesn't go up then you should feel good about it! Chin up girl! And smile...you'll feel better on the inside! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:57 pm

And BBQ's are a fantastic way to try out all those fantastic new healthy salad recipes I know you've just been dying to give a whirl! Try being a bit creative on the BBQ - the lentil pattie recipe I put in the recipe section should be good, do some vegetable kebabs and be sure to go for lean meats and make the most of the salads!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Angel » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:00 pm

Seafood is great on the barbie too - throw a couple of prawns on the barbie :lol: How Aussie do I sound!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Angel

Postby Dolly » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:26 pm

yes I always throw some king prawns on the barbie too.
I buy a 500g bag of frozen king prawns from Coles (they only have the tail shell left on)
Then I get a bowl and add some water, some lite soy and some garlic powder (not the garlic salt powder)
I soak them in this marinade for about 10 minutes and then throw them on a lightly greased bbq until they have warmed up. Everyone keeps coming back for more.
Dolly

Postby Tas » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:50 am

I know where you are coming from Fairie - we are also renovating the kitchen and have been for 3 weeks now - OH is making the cabinets and renovating the old ones - but it is the MESS that is getting to me. Oh is doing it all the quickest he can but the kitchen and dining room is one room and it is very big!
We are also living off BBQ's and that's ok for me but as I have been sanding back doors etc I have not had any energy left to work out as such. My shoulders feel like they have become dislodges from my neck :twisted:
So I know how you feel as I am going through the same sort of thing.
This morning I am going to jump in the shower (at least that room is not dust filled) and jump in the car and go shopping, even if it is for a few hours and BuG#er the kitchen :shock:
Hope it all sorts out for you soon...
Cheers
Maria
Tas

Return to Weight loss Talk