It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:44 am

Free Newsletter

Dilemma regarding personal trainer!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Dilemma regarding personal trainer!

Postby lng86 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:50 am

Hi everyone!

I wanted to seek some advice.

As most of you would already know, I had a personal trainer that has stuck by me since day one... But Simone has taken time off of work since late last year as she has a baby.

ANYWAYS - since then I have had another personal trainer, Jane. She is terrific too! We've done added walks - and just had a bit of fun together. It's been great.

Simone (my original PT) is coming back to work in mid February. I am unsure of what to do!!! Should I continue with Jane? Or get Simone back? I need some help!!!

They both push my limits. Also, my fitness levels would've improved dramatically since Simone left - so there is no way to compare or contrast.

My only fear is that Simone now has a baby... [And that should be (and is) her priority] and I'm a little concerned that if he is sick or something I would miss out on my PT session for the week.

I know I need to do what is best for me - but I am unsure of what that is!

The other option is that I have BOTH Jane and Simone training me. I understand that these last kilos will be more difficult to remove than the last 35+... So maybe that would be beneficial?

Sorry for the long rant! I'm just a little confused.

Thanks in advance!

To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)

Postby JL77 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:17 am

It seems as if you might be more comfy with Jane. If you are comfy with her then I personally would stick to her. I am sure Simone has other clients and wont be to offended.

But then if your leaning towards going back to Simone, I wouldnt let her having a child hold you back at all. I suppose children come into every work place and it wouldnt be fair if you didnt go back to her because shes now a mum

Starting Weight 20/1/08 ~ 86kg
28/1/08 ~ 85kg
2 /2/08 ~ 84.2

Postby bferbear » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:29 am

Sounds to me like you have already made a mental decision which one you prefer and are now looking for validation in that decision. You mentioned both pros and cons for Simone, but only pros for Jane, so it seems to me your mind is made up.

Go with the one you like the best and feel most comfortable with. Ultimately they are professionals and you are a client, they will not be jealous that you chose the other (maybe p'ed off they lost the money).

Return to Weight loss Talk