It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:38 pm

Free Newsletter

All my hard work and now......

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

All my hard work and now......

Postby Sarah81 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:28 pm

Hi I really am finding getting back on track after Christmas / New Year so hard i cant get motivated I have an excuse to eat badly all the time and i just cant seem to get back on with it. I have lost over 40 kilos last year and my trainer thinks that i will reach my goal weight by August if i can get on track. I want it so badly but i just keep on doing the wrong thing and then saying oh well i will be better tomorrow and then i dont. I feel like i have put so much effort into this and now i am spiraling back into my old habbits. For the past 12 months i would have never had take away and now i am having it again like its the norm!! I am just so sad that i cant get myself back into action. Thanks for listening. Sarah :(
SW: 142.8kg
CW: 102.3kg
GW: 68.0kg (Completion date aim Aug 08 )
Sarah81

Postby Juddy » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:41 pm

Sorry to hear that Sarah.

The problem is after losing so much weight, you feel this false sense of "You've done so well and the job is now over"

But you've got to remind yourself of your goal - the bad thing is to feel depressed about not making progress.

It's kind of like if you worry about being nervous you'll be nervous... If you just throw yourself at it, you'll achieve your goal.

You've realised that you're finding it hard to get back on track, you've just got to say "TODAY, NOW" not tomorrow. When you start post-poning things you'll get into a habit of it, and that's what happens over christmas.

"After Christmas, I'll get back into everything" when really what you're saying is "I feel like stopping"

It has taken me almost 2 years after losing a lot of weight to really get back to achieving what I've always wanted.

Don't give into temptation - constantly remind yourself that exercise and good healthy food is your life at the moment, you cannot live like "normal people"

This is what I'm trying to keep up myself now.

Good luck, you can do it! You've achieved so much, but you're halfway to your goal - you're not done yet, keep going! :D
Juddy

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:43 pm

Hang in there, Sarah! You really can do it!

It's probably just a post-Christmas seasonal thing. I know I get in moods where it just seems like too big a bother. Unfortunately you just need to force yourself to stick to the plan at times like that.

Would it be easier to look at things in a shorter time frame? Being good for an entire day can seem daunting. Being good until August can seem impossible. And the idea of being good for the rest of my life is usually enough to send me running screaming for the Tim Tams! Personally I find it easier to simply look at my next meal or my next snack and decide to make it the healthiest option available. Or, if I really have a hankering for something naughty, I tell myself to have the healthy option first. So I'll have to fill up on a piece of fruit before I look at the bikkies. Or I need to eat a whole plate of salad before getting any chips. Not sure if that would help in your situation at all, but I find it easier to motivate myself for the next five minutes rather than trying to be motivated all day.

I hope you get your enthusiasm back soon!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Jolly » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:09 am

I am not sure what it is but Christmas and NY always seem to run deep into January. Dont worry about what you have been doing just try from today to move forward (easier sedn than done I hear you say). I am in the same position and each meal I step back and say to myself be good.

However I am sure a takeaway treat won't hurt - I have lost 15 kilos now and when I am away form the bush (where I live) I have takeaways - I have just learnt to choose the healthier options. I somehow feel that I am having a real treat then. BUT you have to be true to yourself when you choose the so called healthier option.

I hope this helps. I luckily dont have the temptation of takeaways, just chocolate.
Jolly

Postby Sussy » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:09 pm

Hey mate, i totally understand, coz i have been the same as you!Everyday i say 'yep today i'll be good' and i start off the day so positive, and then by mid morning to lunch time i just completely cave, and then say ' well i'll start tomorrow' and then the exact same thing happens all over again. I have the best of intentions only to give in to temptation.
I have got back on track this week, but it's bloody hard and the worst part is i hate thinking about food ALL THE TIME which i seem to do constantly.
The main thing keeping me going at the mo is that i REALLY don't want to undo all the good work i've already done and go back to where i used to be, and i know if i keep going the way i have been i'll do just that. Then i'll feel so angry at myself and ashamed and then i'll get all depressed & not want to go out and see anyone or do anything coz i'm too embarassed about the way i look. :oops: I know when i weigh less i feel better about myself and am much happier, positive and energetic.
I probably haven't said anything helpful to you, but at the very least i do understand, and you're not alone. :)
Sorry for crapping on.
Be strong, YOU CAN DO IT!!!! :wink:
Sussy

Postby JP1 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:02 pm

hi Sarah... you have done so so well... and I know what it was like just having Xmas day and Boxing day off myself... it took me maybe a week to get back into it... but look you have done it before and its just a matter of mind of matter... give yourself a starting time and then just push into it... you've already got the mindset so just be strong and everyday will get easier... you know all this because you have done it before... good luck with it! :)
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby Sarah81 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:49 am

Thank you all so much i really appreciate your advise. I am going to get back on track again and set myself a start date and my start date is going to be this Saturday the 26th January. The reason being is i have to go to a wedding where i will have no selection on what i am eating there and i dont want to beat myself up about eating things on my first day of being back on track. I want this so much. I wish people would stop saying that i look fantastic and all this other stuff becauase really its not helping but at the same time i understand that they new how i looked before and they are just being nice but sometimes nice doesnt help. I am going to keep a food diary and an exercise diary and go back to my starting grounds and i know that i can do it. Thanks again :)
SW: 142.8kg
CW: 102.3kg
GW: 68.0kg (Completion date aim Aug 08 )
Sarah81

Postby JP1 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:45 pm

good luck.. you can do it! :)
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby Pandora » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:25 am

congrats sarah on such a fantastic weight loss :D coming in late to the thread but just wanted to add that you can see that you definitely have the strength to do it, it's just a matter of doing it again! ease back into your plan slowly, maybe you can break it up into a period of weeks until you get back on track totally. you could be free with your snacks but control your main meals for example.

i lost a bunch of weight two years ago and put it all back on :) i've been planning to "get back on track" ever since. it's easy to slip but it's so much more rewarding to get fit.

maybe you are hesitating to get back into it because you don't enjoy your plan? i hated mine too. can you do anything to switch it up and make it more relaxed/fun? and if it's a food behavioural thing i believe groups like T.O.W.N. (taking off weight naturally) are very helpful for support.

good luck tomorrow!

pandora
Pandora

Return to Weight loss Talk