It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:19 am

Free Newsletter

Personal trainers - Terms and conditions

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Personal trainers - Terms and conditions

Postby Moomoo » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:13 pm

I called around to a few gyms, personal trainers etc recently to see if I could find something to suit me. Today I decided that I would like a personal trainer for a while to show me how to excercise to achieve what I want.
I called them up and got all the forms to fill in e.g. health family history etc which I was quite happy to fill in, however when it got to the terms and conditions I think I've changed my mind! :x

e.g. "Participant consents to and expressly acknowledges and authorises $@#* to use before and after photos and testimonials of the participant on the @#$% website"

I don't want to be spashed about on their website unless I'm being paid to be on there!.

Theres heaps of other things basically saying that I can't ever sue them if something happened even if it was the fault of the trainer

bla bla

By signing this document you are aware that it effects your legal rights

Do you think this is over the top? There are 5 pages of these terms and conditions.
I do understand that they need to cover themselves but I feel that these go a bit far!
Moomoo

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:27 pm

I'm pretty sure most sporting organisations have clauses in their contracts claiming they bear responsibility if you get hurt. From what I know it's just to put you off suing. There is nothing you can sign that will absolve them if you are injured because of their negligence.

As to the before and after photos - woah! I definitely wouldn't agree to that unless there were certain conditions of anonymity (for instance, blurring out the face so I could not be identified.) Do all PTs have this clause?

These days everyone has five pages of clauses in their contracts. It's just being careful in our litigious society. They don't want to lose their livelihood just because a 't' hasn't been crossed or an 'i' hasn't been dotted.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Moomoo » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:35 pm

it's really put me off! like I needed anything else to do that! :roll:
not sure what to do again now! :?
I E-mailed them about the photos they haven't got back to me about that yet. Not really sure what to do about the rest of it though...
Moomoo

Postby hysterical_oliver » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:02 pm

Do you have another option of where to go for a PT? They can't all have ridiculous clauses like that for sure :?
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby Moomoo » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:22 pm

yeah there are a few, I just called and spoke to them about the photo and she said I can cross that out.
The rest of the clauses are still a bit full on.
We'll see...
Moomoo

Return to Weight loss Talk