It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:01 pm

Free Newsletter

HAYLEY: I'm back!!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

HAYLEY: I'm back!!!

Postby Hayley » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:06 pm

Hi everyone,

Gee, it's bee so long since I was on this site, so it feels good to be back. It was so nice reading the posts that I've missed since I've been absent - everyone is still so supportive and encouraging of each other- it's FANTASTIC.

Well, I officially resigned from teaching a week before school went back, as we decided to move from Exmouth. We are currently staying with my family at The Vines, in Perth, which is a beautiful spot but a bit out of the way. We had only planned to stay for 2 weeks before moving to Denham (Shark Bay), which is a 7 hour drive north of Perth. Our plans are a little behind schedule, so we're still in Perth, but hopefully will be moving up there in 4 weeks.

It has been nice to catch up with family and friends (for those of you who don't know where Exmouth was in relation to Perth, it is about 13 hours drive north of Perth, on the coast), as we didn't get to see much of them when we lived there. They have certainly enjoyed having their 2 year old grandson around and have all been spoiling him hugely!

The down-side of being here is that everyone has wanted to catch up and go out to dinner. We have tried to be good but it is hard to constantly say 'no' to the tempting creamy restaraunt meals, which is so love. Everyone has also wanted to 'catch up' for drinks, so we have consumed quite a bit of alcohol in the last 5 weeks that we've down in Perth!!

I have put on a little bit of weight which was to be expected. However, because we have nowhere to put my treadmill (which is now fixed by the way!), my husband has been so supportive and has actually been walking with me for an hour every evening afer tea. It is actually really nice for the 2 of us to get out of the house and enjoy some 'alone' time, as things are quite crowded with both parenst, my brother, my sister and her boyfriend all sharing the same house. So, after tea, we put our son to bed and off we go for our walks - it's really nice! We only started a week ago but have already started noticing changes. Our general fitness is improving and my 'love handles' have shrunk a little bit, and that's only after a week, and to be honest, we haven't been eating well the past week either (we had takeaway Thai food last night - very yummy but highly fatty!). I even attepted to have a jog the other day and managed to jog for a full 6 minutes before passing out! (just kidding. I didn't really pass out but I was absolutely stuffed). 2 days later, I tried again and managed to jog for a full 10 minutes and felt great afterwards. I'm really pleased.

Also, because we only have 1 car and my husband has been working in the city, I have been taking my son for hour long walks around The Vines, which has also been really enjoyable. So, I figure if I can change my eating habits a little, walk with my son during the day and again with my husband in the evening, I should lose some weight and tone up.

So, I put on weight (got up to 93kg again) but am back down to 89.5kg. Let's see how I go with 2 hours exercise a day.

Hope everyone is hanging in their and staying positive. I'd really like to hear from you to find out how you're all going.

Glad to be back,

Cheers, Hayley.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby Dolly » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:53 pm

Welcome back Hayley, Denham is such a pretty place (I think much nicer than than the famous neighboring Monkey Mia}
I'm glad Orbit Fitness managed to fix your treadmill.
Dolly

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:23 pm

welcome back Hayley and good on you for losing the love handles!!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Groovychic » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:40 pm

Hey Hayley welcome back! It seems Perth hasn't been as hard as you thought it was going to be. Well done on the jogging. I do a bit of jogging on the treadmill and can only manage about 6 or 7 minutes. I think tho I have to take the incline back a tad tho....hahaha!!!! It sounds like you are very happy at the moment, which is very important. And you are losing weight again, which is fab! Good onya!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Hayley » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:14 pm

Thanks guys, for your warm welcome back. I can't wait to get to Denham - it is such a gorgeous place and yes, I agree, much better than Monkey Mia. Who knows, I may lose enough to be seen in a swim suit hee hee!! Now that's a scary thought!

Catch ya.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby Angel » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:29 pm

Welcome back Hayley,

Glad to hear you coped with catching up with the relos - I've been waiting to hear if it was as bad as you thought it would be.

How nice, not having to go back to work and most of all, getting spend all day with your son.

Glad to hear you're losing weight again and have no doubt that your exercise plan will have you reaching goal in no time.

Welcome back,
Angel
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Angel

Return to Weight loss Talk