It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:03 pm

Free Newsletter

I have lost the plot...HELP !

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I have lost the plot...HELP !

Postby Chrissie » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:39 pm

:oops: Well it's been 3 weeks of dieting which included giving up the smokes. I was going really well and yesterday, I went to an engagement party - drank, ate and smoked way too much. Today I cannot seem to get back into it. It's also that time of the month and I feel fat and lazy :cry: Any suggestions or words of encouragement to get me back on track? :(

Put yourself last and you will achieve nothing. Make time and believe in yourself and you will be amazed what you can achieve

Postby Siana-leah » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:44 pm

hey chrissie....i find just putting ur shoes on and moving around gets me motivated....
im less likely to eat bad because of my effort....
keep urself busy too.....
book, housework ANYTHING!
hope this helps

Postby Tummygirl » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:49 pm

First thing Ill say is we all do it!!! So dont beat yourself up.

I usually get myself back on track by setting myself a mini goal. Like a hair cut or nails or something. If you think of something you really want or need then I get excited and eager to work towards that.

If my food is letting my down a bit sometimes ill sit and work out what i want to eat for a week and trial different things and put it on the fridge.

As for the smoking I gave up 6 months ago and i was nawty and had a few on nye but didnt make me wanna start again. I stopped cold turket when the no smoking in clubs came about, but its different for everyone. I used to find something else to do when i thought i needed a smoke like paint my nails or file them or something.

Hope i was a little help! :)
Cassie xox

Starting Weight 140 kg
Loss To Date 5 kg
Current Weight 135 KG

Postby rivenriver » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:18 am

Just take it one day at a time.

Know that you can't change old habits instantly, and accept that you will stuff up once in a while. Acknowledge that you stuffed up, and take the next day as it comes. Don't punish yourself, don't get angry. Know that it happened, and move on, cos you can't change the past, you can only change the future.

Frankly I think making it a whole 3 weeks before you stuffed up is phenomenal!!!!!!!!

Postby Fireball » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:02 pm

here here. Great work. Quitting smoking and losing weight at the same time, wow you're a phenomena. Don't slide back just because of a slip. Go for it - You can do it Chrissie.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan

Return to Weight loss Talk