It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:43 pm

Free Newsletter

TIME TO CHEW THE FAT (a follow on from LETS BE HONEST......)

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

TIME TO CHEW THE FAT (a follow on from LETS BE HONEST......)

Postby sandpaperthighs » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:34 am

OK NOW THAT WE HAVE GOT IT OFF OUR CHESTS ABOUT OUR FIRST MOMENT OF TRUTH (HOW MUCH WEIGHT WE WERE REALLY CARRING) LETS START TO MOVE ON......

WHAT IS IT THAT HELPS TO MOTIVATE YOU?
IS IT THE COMMENTS OR STARES, THE DOCTORS THE GLOSSIE MAGS, THE SIZE OF CLOTHES IN THE SHOPS THESE DAYS........
THIS LIST COULD BE ENDLESS.

WHAT IS IT THAT MAKES YOU WANT TO BETTER YOURSELF?
ARE YOU DOING IT FOR YOU OR FOR THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU, MAYBE BOTH?

IF ONLY WEIGHT LOSS COULD BE JUST THAT *WEIGHT LOSS*
THERE ARE SO MANY METAL HURDLES THAT MUST BE FACED DURING WEIGHT LOSS IN ORDER TO SUCCED

SO WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR LET IT ALL OUT AND THE THE POUNDS FALL OFF.........................................
sandpaperthighs

Postby hysterical_oliver » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:57 am

It may sound ridiculous but I want to be skinny for the first time in my life. The end.
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby rivenriver » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:08 am

I don't care about weight or health, cos I'm very healthy and, lets face it, I'm the only one who sees the scales. My aim is to be smaller, so I can buy cheaper clothes, borrow clothes off my friends, and get more parts as an actor. I also want to be more flexible - I'm amazingly flexible for an obese chick, but my fat rolls are physically stopping me from moving further, which is annoying.

I don't know what motivates me, really. I guess in the end it's just the hope that I can rock up to an audition and be cool to read any female part, even those described as being beautiful or skinny.
rivenriver

Postby rivenriver » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:09 am

(ps: watch the caps lock. Typing only in caps is equivalent to shouting, it's kinda rude. ;))
rivenriver

Postby Tummygirl » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:19 am

What makes me want to loose weight is because I have always been the "OMG your a pretty girl but you would be Stunning if you lost a bit of weight" This comming from close friends who would fall over at the sight of a cheese burger.

My motivation is the fact I dont like feeling like SH%T within myself and always thinking that Im bigger than what i am and that everyone is always looking at me.

Another motivator is Life...im at a very happy time in my life I have a perfect partner who i Adore..my money and living arrangements are fantastic and im actually saving money which never happens. Having said that I know that wedding bells will come around in a few years and i dont wanna be a fat bride...i could never life with the guilt that a day I have been thinking about since i was a little girl is not how i wanted it.

So this is MY JOURNEY and I intend on getting what i want!!!!! I will not let life slip me by!!!
Cassie xox

Starting Weight 140 kg
Loss To Date 5 kg
Current Weight 135 KG
Tummygirl

Postby electrongirl » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:22 am

I just want to get back to how I used to look. I was thin up until my early 20's and then I have been up & down all through my 20's.

I have some really expensive clothes I want to get back into!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby bferbear » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:39 am

Mine was pretty simple, I was drinking myself to death. If I had continued on the path I was on I wouldn't see the end of the year. Last year I attended the funerals of my brother and also a close family friend both for alcohol related deaths and it was a wakeup call for me.

After a few months of relative sobriety with only a few lapses, *cough* new years eve *cough* I decided to make some wholesale changes in my lifestyle.

Basically I got fit or I died.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfrtWWa/]
[/url]
bferbear

Postby Moomoo » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:25 pm

This is me completely !
i dont wanna be a fat bride...i could never life with the guilt that a day I have been thinking about since i was a little girl is not how i wanted it.
Moomoo

Postby Tummygirl » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:28 pm

Moomoo wrote:This is me completely !
i dont wanna be a fat bride...i could never life with the guilt that a day I have been thinking about since i was a little girl is not how i wanted it.

Yeah I dont wanna be looking at my wedding photos going i wish i wasnt so big then. Because for me getting married is a one time thing!!!

I know that you should be looking at healthy and everything too and I dont wanna die young or without a family, but getting down that isle looking like a princess in a dress that is what i want and not what will fit is what im all about at this stage.
Cassie xox

Starting Weight 140 kg
Loss To Date 5 kg
Current Weight 135 KG
Tummygirl

Postby Juddy » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:32 pm

I've explained it in other threads, but I want to look good... lol

I guess doing it for myself, but initially because of what others saw me as and I wanted to change that.
Juddy

Postby SarahC » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:04 pm

I just want to be comfortable in my clothes, and not have them always feeling too tight. And to look in the mirror and think "wow!", not "omg how disgusting!" :)
SarahC

Postby HappyBella55 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:58 pm

What motivates me:- my health
- I want to look good in the clothes I wear without having pumps and lumps
- I want to be comfortable in my own skin and be happy with what I see reflected in photos and the mirror and in my own mind

Am I doing this for me or someone else?
This is two folds. Yes first and foremost I am doing this for me. I want to be happy with how I look and I want to be happy with my self worth....

But, the follow on affect of losing weight are many. I am realistic that losing weight won't change me as a person. I am who I am, no matter what I weigh but I know I will feel a lot more comfortable and at ease around others and won't have to put on a facade i.e when out and about if feeling horrible about myself, hide the fact and pretend everything is A-OKay, and not have to worry what my boyfriend thinks when he's touching me. So I do care what others think of me
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Return to Weight loss Talk