It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:24 am

Free Newsletter

Maintenance Plan

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Maintenance Plan

Postby loveat116 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:07 am

Hi everyone!

I'm only about 1kg away from Maintenance woooo!
Hopefully when I come back from Queensland I will be able to start maintenance.

I was thinking of starting a 1800 calorie a day diet, then in two weeks if I have gained/lost weight I will adjust is accordingly. In the long run I hope to be able to eat 2000 calories a day an maintain.

Food: EXAMPLE

Breakfast:
2 Poached Eggs
2 Pieces Wholemeal Toast
25ml BBQ Sauce

Lunch:

Wholemeal Roll w/ Turkey, Lettuce, Curried Egg, Cranberry Sauce

Snacks:
Cup A Soup
175ml Yoghurt
Banana

Dinner:
Meat and 1 potato, + vegies

Total Cal Estimate: 1811

For exercise I will be:
Weight Training 3-4 Times Per Week
5 x Cardio Sessions (30 Minutes)

What do you all think?

Too much calories?

Anyone who has gone on maintenance can they help me out?

In the long run, I dont want to count calories forever. Is there a way that i dont have to?
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby rivenriver » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:31 am

I think to not count calories, you just have to get an idea of how much you need to eat in one day. You need to get used to that amount of food, know what foods you can eat every day and what foods you can only eat sometimes. So if you've calorie counted for a while, you should start to know what sort of things you can eat.

By the way...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rivenriver

Postby loveat116 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:45 am

Thanks! I'm gonna be so stoked when I reach goal!

I think I just need to listen to my body, and only eat when I am genuinly hungry.

What about exercise?

loveat116

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:24 am

Congratulations! That is such great news!

Definitely keep up the exercise. From what I've read half an hour per day is enough to maintain your weight once you've got to goal.

Try listening to your hunger signals for a couple of weeks. If you find you've gained weight at the end of that it might be best to count calories again for a bit until you get used to what 1800 or 2000 calories is food-wise. You may end up overestimating or underestimating the amount you're eating otherwise.

Good luck! And good on you!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Karnak » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:43 pm

My plan for maintenance is to do a bit of bartering using exercise and being "reasonable". For instance if I know Friday night I'm going out I'll do an extra long workout on the Thursday and Friday. However if I know I'm going out Friday and Sunday night I can't go mad at both so I have to do moderation at both or spend all of Saturday running for 6 hours - thus its easier to avoid the cheese platter. It worked over christmas for me
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy5Nvxw/]
[/url]
Karnak

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:34 pm

Looks good to me... just keep in mind that what books say we need to maintain and what we actually do need to maintain are very different. Books/websites and the calculators in them often overestimate how much we need. So as you said, just play around with it and see what works for you :)
zeedeveelgirl

Postby HappyBella55 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:16 pm

He Ella,

Congratulations on nearly reaching maintenance :D

Just keep in mind that you've been eating very little calories and when you suddenly up your intake to 1800 your body will go into shock with the increased amount of food so you might put on weight.

Best to slowly increase your cals until you reach 1800 so your body becomes used to it and won't put on the weight.

When are you coming to Queensland? Are you going to Sunshine or Gold Coast - if so be warned that there are no beaches left anymore :x so much erosion
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:50 pm

Very good point, Bella! Increase the cals 100-200 at a time so your body doesn't go "What the?! an extra 600 cal!?"
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Fireball » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:01 am

That is fantastic. Whoa. Congratulations. I agree with what Rivenriver said - try to get a feel for what you can eat without having to calorie count all the time. I am practising this now and I'm feeling a bit less stressed actually - it's one less thing that I have to do. I find if I stick to fairly routine types of things for each meal/snack I don't have to worry about it. If something comes up unexpectantly, like the office birthday cake, I have a small portion and adjust my food portions especially the calorie rich options for the rest of that day and/or the next.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby loveat116 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:22 am

HappyBella55 wrote:He Ella,

Congratulations on nearly reaching maintenance :D

Just keep in mind that you've been eating very little calories and when you suddenly up your intake to 1800 your body will go into shock with the increased amount of food so you might put on weight.

Best to slowly increase your cals until you reach 1800 so your body becomes used to it and won't put on the weight.

When are you coming to Queensland? Are you going to Sunshine or Gold Coast - if so be warned that there are no beaches left anymore :x so much erosion

Im going to the gold coast. Its a good thing I dont like swimming in beaches then lol! Whats the weather like up there?

loveat116

Return to Weight loss Talk