It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:14 am

Free Newsletter

Alternative to chips (crisps)

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:45 pm

Juddy wrote:[ I really feel like one, and I could feel like I'm being punished, but then I remind myself I'm doing it for me!

And that there, is someone who will get to his goal and maintain it for life! It's all about the attitude :) :D
zeedeveelgirl

Postby emmaline » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:56 pm

Oh boy I'm craving these now!
Just not sure I'll be able to stick to only a couple!
emmaline

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:01 pm

If you can't stick to a couple, just don't give yourself the choice :) Avoid them altogether until you feel that you can :)
zeedeveelgirl

Postby HappyBella55 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:08 pm

I haven't had chips in such a long time.

I never walk down the chips, lollies and chocolate section of my local woollies, as I may fall into temptation :lol:

I will have to keep this in mind for the next time I have a chip craving.

Thanks for the tip :D
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:59 pm

You can make them yourself by tearing pita bread into pieces, spraying them with a tiny amount of spray-oil and sprinkling them with herbs or spices then baking them in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes. You don't even have to use the spray-oil, but I find it helps the herbs & spices to stick better. I always make a huge bowl for when we have guests. Served with salsa it makes a healthy (and cheap) alternative to chips and dips.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby rivenriver » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:04 pm

HappyBella55 wrote:
I never walk down the chips, lollies and chocolate section of my local woollies, as I may fall into temptation :lol:

I find it hilarious how supermarkets try and get to people like you. ;) Like in my two local Woolies, one has the bread in the same isle as the chocolate, and at the other one, it's the coffee! So anyone who needs their coffee has to make it past the chocolate to get there!!!
rivenriver

Postby hysterical_oliver » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:05 pm

I like to oven bake mountain/lavash bread too. Good with tzatziki or other healthy style stuff and none of the sugars/salts in seasoning.
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby Gal Friday » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:49 pm

Can someone please tell me the KJs and saturated fat in a serving size? And how much that serving size is? Please?

Juddy! OMG. You are seriously saying that you cant have these because you want to lose weight, but you will have a chicken snitzel from your local chicken shop?! OMG. I am trying to lose weight, and the snitzel sounds WAY worse than some of these pita chips! And dont pull the carb thing on me.... a snitzel has carbs!
Gal Friday

Postby JP1 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:28 pm

Gal Friday wrote:Can someone please tell me the KJs and saturated fat in a serving size? And how much that serving size is? Please?

per serving 50g

kJ 723.4

fat total 3.2g

fat saturated .2g

double those for 100g obviously :wink:

these were for the Chilli ones.. they 'may' differ slightly per flavour AND Lauren yeah your right the Chilli ones are nice.. very spicy! nice with the mint dip 8)
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby Juddy » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:36 pm

Gal Friday wrote:Can someone please tell me the KJs and saturated fat in a serving size? And how much that serving size is? Please?

Juddy! OMG. You are seriously saying that you cant have these because you want to lose weight, but you will have a chicken snitzel from your local chicken shop?! OMG. I am trying to lose weight, and the snitzel sounds WAY worse than some of these pita chips! And dont pull the carb thing on me.... a snitzel has carbs!

Don't get angry.

A schnitzel has mostly protein and fat in it. The bread crumb coating is what has the carbs in it...
Juddy

Postby lng86 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:27 pm

Glad you enjoyed them, John. They are fab! A treat without being a treat!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:34 pm

Can we please try to leave any slanging off the forums? Whatever food people want to eat, they can eat. If it works for them, great! It's not for us to comment on.
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Gal Friday » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:19 pm

argh. The problem with online conversations, is that the tone is not there! I am sorry, my tone has come across all wrong there. My response was about comparing chips to chicken snitzel. If I was standing there in person and my friend said "hey, the chips are bad for weight loss, instead I have a chicken snitzel", I would have still said "OMG, you are comparing these chip things to a chicken snitzel"! But the tone would come out better.

And everyone posts about what each other eats. About alternatives etc. Juddy brought up the chicken snitzel, so why cant I comment on it (albeit it with clearer tone).

So I am sorry, there was no anger Juddy! Just... conversation!
Gal Friday

Postby Juddy » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:51 pm

You're right, you can comment on what I eat, in fact, I'd encourage it, so long as you provide reasons for why you think the things I eat aren't going to further my weight loss.

I on the other hand, get attacked for questioning other people's eating habits... so I'm happy for conversation, but although there is less tone that comes across online, you can pretty much join the dots as to how people feel about what you're saying.

For instance, when I questioned weightwatchers, a thread popped up about people like me who have no idea about WW etc etc:
http://www.weightloss.com.au/forum/view ... hp?t=11996

It has come across clearly to me (maybe I completely missed the tone), that my opinion doesn't count because I have no idea what I'm talking about...

No one here seems to want to listen to people providing nutritional advice. Or providing advice from personal experience - things that have worked, things that haven't.

The way you lose weight is by trying things out for yourself and listening to everything people say, to work things out for yourself! I know schnitzels aren't the healthiest thing in the world, and by cutting it out of my diet I'll be one step closer to my goal... but I don't fool myself into thinking that it is fine!

Sooner or later people here will realise that chips aren't healthy, it is junk food. If you want to have it anyway, but you know it isn't good, that's fine - have them as a treat!

But I've already said enough, people don't give a censored anyway.

Good luck with your goals!
Juddy

Postby shelbel » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:23 pm

Hey i brought some of these pitos yesturday to have on the weekend, they better be good buster john or your in trouble! LOL
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk