It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:21 am

Free Newsletter

Baad Times, How?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Baad Times, How?

Postby yoyogirl88 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:28 pm

How do you guys handle the bad times and your diet and excersise.

I have had a freaking bad couple of weeks and now my cars in the shop and I have NO money.

Im taking this bad and have stressed and grrd and cried but I have realised im losing track of my eating (doing a lil better today) and have stopped walking and doing my normal morning and night time exercises.

Excuses excuses is all thats running through my head but I know what I'm doing wrong I just get lazy and go nah dont feel like it.

So basically, How do you get rid of that "Nah, dont feel like it." voice??
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby Fiona25 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:43 pm

Honestly, I just DO it - I physically make myself.

As for eating, if I eat badly, I exercise twice as hard.
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby ali76 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:43 am

I've been in the same boat Yoyo girl. I had 2 weeks off over Xmas where I didn't get paid, my car was in the shop, I had no money and felt SO depressed.

I FORCED myself to go to the gym and when I did, I realised that for those 30 or 45 minutes, I'm completely stress free (in my mind anyway!). I forget about everything going on in my life and just think about me and my body and my health.

I now go every night straight from work (if I go home and sit down, I know I'll never get back up again) and find that by the time I do get home, work is completely left at the office.

If you FORCE yourself the first few weeks, it may become habit where you don't even think about it.

Another piece of advice is to find something you enjoy, then it's not such an effort!

I also find that when I exercise, I eat better as I don't want to waste my effort!!!

Good luck...let us know how you go :)

xo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Tarz » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:00 am

Don't think about why you don't want to do it, think about how you will feel afterwards. It always makes you feel good afterwards, just knowing that you've done something good for yourself helps. I didn't want to go out for my walk yesterday but at 8:15pm i was feeling so bad and guilty i went, felt great afterwards.
Remember excerise helps stress and gives you a good chance to think things through properly.
Tarz

Postby HappyBella55 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:36 pm

I keep a journal.

I find writing things down really helps to clear my head.

I also add pictures of clothes that I want to wear once I get to my goal weight, exercise and diet tips, poems, affirmations, inspirational stories - whatever I find this very inspirational.

I also chart my weight loss and keep track of my measurements.

Its my weight loss journal I guess, but I write everything I feel - not just weight loss related stuff in there. When I have a down moment and feel like its never going to happen and what's the point - I might as well go have that cheese cake/chocolate, I read through my journal and it brings to light just why I'm doing this and all the hard slog is worth it in the end.

For me its not about losing the weight to look good, its losing the weight to be healthy.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby yoyogirl88 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:52 pm

Thanks guys and for the just do it comment last night THANK YOU!! i read it put my yoga mat down and did my crunches.

Thanks for all the great ideas.

Its starting to look brighter today, =D.
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:51 pm

Basically, whenever I'm having a crap time of everything that I can't control, I think "What can I control?" and realise that it's what I eat, and how much I exercise and how I take care of myself. Mum always asks me how I keep sticking to healthy eating etc when I'm down or having problems with something, and that's my answer :)
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Juddy » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:02 pm

zeedeveelgirl wrote:Basically, whenever I'm having a crap time of everything that I can't control, I think "What can I control?" and realise that it's what I eat, and how much I exercise and how I take care of myself. Mum always asks me how I keep sticking to healthy eating etc when I'm down or having problems with something, and that's my answer :)

+1!

Also, if you do manage to eat healthy while down, you feel that satisfaction that you're doing better than others and you expect of yourself.
Juddy

Postby Sarrah » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:26 pm

I find putting on your favourite music, and dancing along to it is great stress relief PLUS you burn lots of calories :)
hello.curves - my blog
Sarrah

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:12 pm

Juddy wrote:
zeedeveelgirl wrote:Basically, whenever I'm having a crap time of everything that I can't control, I think "What can I control?" and realise that it's what I eat, and how much I exercise and how I take care of myself. Mum always asks me how I keep sticking to healthy eating etc when I'm down or having problems with something, and that's my answer :)

+1!

Also, if you do manage to eat healthy while down, you feel that satisfaction that you're doing better than others and you expect of yourself.

Exactly :) And in a way, it strengthens you to be able to cope better the next time something sh*tty happens. Cos let's face it, life throws us some pretty weird stuff sometimes! I'd rather be focussing on how to fix it than beating myself up over giving in to temptation and scoffing a whole cake or block of choccie etc :D
zeedeveelgirl

Postby yoyogirl88 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:25 am

or what you thought was half a pack of biscuits until ur bf pulls off the wrapper and you see 700 cals in ur tummy. I was allll calmed down last night and could find any fruit or anything munchie so on led to 2 and 2 led to OMG.

Doing much better today i have been wrestling a big bum dog (needs to lose 5 Kgs) to give her anti biotics and anti inflamitories and to put quortozone cream on her. Reckon I burned some Cals? =D
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Return to Weight loss Talk