It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:46 am

Free Newsletter

Losing the last few kilos?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Losing the last few kilos?

Postby Sharee » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:37 am

Hi guys, I have lost about 18kg all together in the last 8 months but still have another 4 to lose to get to my goal weight and while I have been incredibly motivated for most of the time the last couple of months I have been anything but. Now that Im not horribly embarrassed by the way I look I have been totally slack and I can't seem to get back on track to reach my goals. I promised myself I wouldn't do this but I have started thinking near enough is good enough. Has anyone been through that and have any suggestions on how to get back on track?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVEnpO2/]
[/url]
Sharee

Postby Juddy » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:46 am

I've had the same difficulty for about 2 years. I lost 19kg at the end of 2005, and have idled around that weight since.

A few months ago, I decided enough was enough, I then became even more critical of myself (which is a bad thing, but motivated me). I stopped thinking "you're an okay weight now, you can stop" but thought "you are to keep going until you've reached your goal!"

You can do it - tell yourself that every second of the day!

Before eating bad food, remind yourself of your goal.
Juddy

Postby JP1 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:49 pm

I'll be interested to see what other advice you get Sharee and good luck of course... :)
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby Fiona25 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:45 am

I'm kind of in the same boat Sharee! Not that I lost as much as you but it has taken me a good 2 months to lose 4kgs :roll:

The last 2 weeks i've gotten a bit slack, not with exercise but eating.

Not really eating anything "bad" but just eating too much, eating too late, meal sizes too large etc and I can feel the weight coming back on. Its so frustrating isn't it?

From today I am fully back on track, just going to make myself, I don't think there is any other way?

Good luck with getting back on track for the last few kgs. I think with the those last few kgs, so they come SO slowly that its easy to become disheartend and unmotivated.

Congrats on your huge loss so far, you're so close to the finish line and entering the world of maintainence, you can do it :D
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Re: Losing the last few kilos?

Postby Gym Lover » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:55 pm

Hey there!
I know exactly what you are talking about. 6 years ago I lost 30 kilos and while I have maintained that loss over the years, I have always wanted to lose that little more to get me to my renewed goal. I have found it so so difficult as like u said, now that I'm not terribly unhappy with the way that I look, my will power seems to have faded.
Within the last year I swear I must have told myself 'This is it!' at least 20 times, and each time I'd lose anywhere from 2-7 kilos and then stop when something came up - like a birthday or drinks with the girls, or studying for exams is a killer!!!
I guess the bonus with my story is that each time I never regained all that I lost, so slowly I have actually lost weight from when I decided I wanted to lose that bit more.
This time however, I honestly have decided it is it. And I tell you that I know because I have the same feelings & determination I did when I started my weight loss journey all those years ago. It's just a feeling that has come over me and I refuse to allow myself to hurt myself anymore. Because thats just it, you're only hurting yourself. they're your goals not anyone elses.
As for ways to keep me motivated while I lose this last bit, I joined this forum so I can talk to others about their goals, give and also receive advice, I've made lots of tiny little goals along the way that at each I have some kind of healthy reward, for example, since I'm a Gym Lover, My next reward (only .9 of a kilo away!) is to purchase myself a personal training session so I can have someone really push my limits and mix up my routine so my body doesn't get too used to it.
Also, (my Fiance thinks it's cute) I have stuck big A4 sized notes up around our unit with things such as 'U CAN DO THIS U KNOW U CAN!' and other motivational quotes etc.
My advice is to find things like these ideas that suit u and your needs. I think you said it's only 4 kilos to go?? Think about things you don't do which you could incorporate into what you are doing already that might help. For example, look at your exercise routine. Can u rev it up any? Is there anything that u can add or even replace with a higher energy consuming activity? Little things like this help to move those last stubborn kilos that just wanna hang on.
Hope I've been of some help!!! And good luck!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQnUYQf/]
[/url]
Gym Lover

Return to Weight loss Talk