It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:58 am

Free Newsletter

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Moomoo » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:43 pm

Sorry guys I need a moan! :roll:

I am FED UP today, was like it yesterday too. :cry:

I'm normally really upbeat and up for this diet and it's results.

This week I've tried so hard, written down everthing I have eaten, counted my points religously, not cheated once and all I lost was 200g.

I went food shopping last night and had a lot of Weight Watchers branded food in my trolly and felt REALLY self concious. People walk past and take a look in your trolley (as they always do) but I couldn't help wondering if people saw that "diet" food and thought "She's obviously "trying" to diet and it's clearly not working, shes still fat!"

I can't stop thinking about how much weight I have to loose and how hard its going to be to get there. I'm worried about my wedding dress not fitting (first fitting in 2 weeks) and worried that I won't keep the diet up - Like everytime I've tried to diet before.

Everyone at work has just gone to the pub for a pub lunch and beer. The mood I'm in I thought it safer not to go. There is no beer or hot chips in the office to be tempted by!

Sorry guys, just need to get that off my chest.

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:54 pm

Sorry you're having such a crap day, Moomoo. I know 200g seems like a small amount but at least you're heading in the right direction! And don't worry what people think when they see the Weight Watchers stuff in your trolley. They're probably impressed that you're selecting healthy options when there's so much tempting junk available in the supermarket. If they think anything else then it's just a reflection on what a judgmental so-and-so they are. It's no reflection on you.

Hope you start to feel more cheery soon. At least it's nearly the weekend! And a long weekend at that!

Postby Gal Friday » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:00 pm

Oh Moomoo! I can empathise! I had a meltdown last weekend when I started thinking about how far I have to go and the effort and everything. My partner was great thank goodness! There were a lot of tears from me though!

One of hte things I try and remind myself.... I have started this many times before. Trying to lose weight. If had stuck to losing the 200gms or whatever 5 years ago, I would be there by now, no matter how slowly. They seem like little bits to lose, but it is still a loss. I also hear that doing your measurements seem to really help, so that when you dont lose weight, you can still see that you are losing centimetres. I havent done this yet, but need to remember to do it. I also feel a lot healthier already and have energy, which is also exciting. However sometimes the blues hit no matter what I think!

I get self concious about the food too. Last night my partner whipped out the WW Nibblies in the movies, and I was like "not while the lights are still on, people will see!". Which is silly. But it is hard to shake that feeling. I stopped to look in Priceline today as I realised that they have a good range of WW products, but kept walking as there were two young guys just nearby. You are not alone Moomoo!

I think we just have to keep going. and remember the reasons we are doing it, and decide what is more important. I hope you have a better weekend!
Gal Friday

Postby Moomoo » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:45 pm

Someone just said that I look like i'd lost weight. Maybe I'm walking around work with a face like a wet weekend today who knows. Not sure if they said it because they actually know I'm on a diet or if they really meant it.
I think I'm going to get my pre-diet scary photo out tonight (has my measurements written on the back) Maybe if I measure myself it will make me smile...hopefully

Postby chubba momma » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:29 pm

Big hugs hun, these days are bad and they get you down but stand tall and proud, you are doing soo well!! Youa re making a change and that deserves a great big pat on the back. And just remmeer a small loss doesnt necissarily mean you havent been wroking out hard enough or not eating right enough, it could mean you are just toning up a bit as well. Its a loss be proud! :D
chubba momma

Postby kittykat84 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:32 am

I hate going shopping too - I get so self conscious about what I put in my trolley. I guess it's a good thing because it wont let me get any naughty foods! I know it's hard, but try not to let other people get to you. They don't know you, and who are they to make judgements anyway?!

200g loss is great! I always treat every loss as a success! Would you be happier losing 200g or putting on 200g?

Try to take it a day at a time, all effort that you put in pays off in the end.

Hope you feel better soon!

Postby GoddessInside » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:52 am

I think we all know what its like being self conscious about what goes in our trolley.

I always get looks, from the minute I get out of the car to when Im getting back in the car to leave. Frankly I dont let them bother me anymore. For me, it's now a personal journey, no longer a journey for anyone else. I dont care what they think as people will always be judgemental, no matter what weight you are.

Don't worry about them hun, you know how far you have come already on your journey, all the blood sweat and tears. You are only answerable to yourself, no one else. So hold your head up high and keep doing what you're doing, you're going to reap the rewards in the end whilst these petty people will gain nothing !

*Big Hugs* to you :)
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg

Postby Jodie91 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:24 pm

We all have bad days the things to do is keep going. I have been told over and over to not look at the big picture cos that can be scary look at little goals like the next 5 kg or even one kilo if that works. Set yourself mini goals and work towards them with a positive attitude.

Remeber when they look in your trolley that they have a vise too (everyone has atleast one;)) they might smoke too much or drink too much but unlike them you are doing something about it.

Be positve about your 200 loss thats a great acheivement and 200 closer to your goal:).

Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a truck. -- Ricky, age 10

Postby Moomoo » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:38 pm

Thank you to everyone who replied to my original post. You're such a great bunch :oops:

I feel a lot better now than I did last week. Although I think that I haven't lost any weight at all this week. At this point I might of actually put on some on, but we'll see...

I had my first proper session with my personal trainer tonight so I'm hoping things will pick up again soon.

Thanks again all

Postby chocoholic » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:31 pm

Im sorry you've had a crud day :(
Shopping is awful, I feel like theres eyes on me all the time, like if im going past the chocolate aisle, I feel like people are thinking "Keep walking, you dont need it". And today I walked past a chicken and chip shop, I was almost tempted to go in and get some chips, but there was a couple with a baby, I noticed the husband looking at me, thats what made me keep walking.
As for losing 200g, its better than nothing, or worse, better than gaining any weight. I know it must be really frustrating after all the work you put in, but maybe this week it will really pay off? Try not to beat yourself up about it :)
SW: 91 kg
CW: 94.7 kg
GW: 70 kg

1. 91kg (my original SW)
2. 85.5kg (BMI in 'overweight' category)
3. 80kg
4. 75kg
5. 70kg (BMI in 'Normal' weight range)

Return to Weight loss Talk