It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:33 pm

Free Newsletter

Who's doing weight watchers

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Who's doing weight watchers

Postby Moomoo » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:32 pm

I'm pretty sure that maintenance is +4 points I don't have my book with me today but I'll have a look tonight...
Moomoo

Postby shelbel » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:18 pm

That would be great if you could let me know, not that im ready for maintence just yet, but i dont want to go to a meeting just to find out! LOL
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby big_love » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:23 pm

"I was a WW leader for almost 10 years- did night meetings a few times per week.

On maintenance, you're instructed to add 2-4 points per day in the first three weeks to see how you maintain the weight. It takes about 6-8 weeks to really tinker and figure this out. Keep in mind that there always seems to be a certain amount of inertia at work despite the numbers. People tend to keep losing weight initially before things "catch up."

Also, try to maintain your current level of activity, or at least a sustainable amount of activity. Many people after losing weight simply go back on the couch and sit all the time, which eventually decreases their need for calories and starts the whole weight gain/loss cycle over again."

http://ask.metafilter.com/59024/Daily-W ... Weightloss
140/117/85
big_love

Postby shelbel » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:34 pm

Thanks for that info Tam, its great! I like the idea of 4 pts much more then 2 LOL but i guess i'll have to see where my body settles :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Kimmie » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:31 pm

That's really true. I used to be a bit of a gym nut, which would help me maintain my weight even if I wasn't eating well 100% of the time. As soon as I stopped I packed on over 5kg (which is a large % of my overall body weight).
Kimmie

Postby MagicGirl79 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:16 pm

I'm a WW and I attend meetings, so if ever anyone has any questions that need clarifying give me a yell - if I don't already know the answer, I can ask my leader.

I love the program & I agree about the eating vegies part. If you're on a calorie controlled diet, you need to actually count your vegetables whereas on WW you can eat as many as you like. And really, if you wanted to eat a truck-full of vegie in a day is it really going to hurt your overall weight loss???

I also like being able to factor treats into my points per day if I want them. Just allows me to make better choices about my treats. I definitely agree that it's a lifestyle change not a diet and WW teaches you all about that lifestyle change (do I sound like I work for them???).

I take my slide calculator to the shops with me and yep there are many 'low-fat' products that work out to be less points than WW branded foods. I buy the Bega 50% less fat cheese because it's less points than the WW cheese.
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby electrongirl » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:24 pm

just be careful cause not all veges are 0 points!!!

Potatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin & corn all have points, aswell as a few others I can't think of at the moment.....
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby big_love » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:38 pm

OMG CORN HAS POINTS?!?!!?!??!?!?!??!!?!?!?
140/117/85
big_love

Postby electrongirl » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:38 pm

big_love wrote:OMG CORN HAS POINTS?!?!!?!??!?!?!??!!?!?!?

yep!! It never used to but because of the high carb content they decided it now has to be counted.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby MagicGirl79 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:50 pm

It was also because people were eating too much of it. I still count corn on the cob as zero. I don't eat it often enough for it to make a difference and my leader agrees that that's fair enough.

Yep know about potatoes etc being points. I've been a WW since Jan 2005, seasoned points counter, ha ha. You'd think I'd have this weight loss thing down pat by now... :lol:
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby Chatterbox » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:50 pm

Hi all

I have just recently joined WW. It has been 2 weeks and i have managed to lose nearly 3kg...it is funny but i already start to feel more self confident. I have never joined a forum before so this is all new...it is really good to read everyones stories and challenges...it just makes me realise that i am not alone...

I look forward to sharing my weight loss challenge.

I am currently 91.6kg and am 147cm tall.....i would like to lose a total of about 30kg....and this time i am determined.

xx
Chatterbox

Postby electrongirl » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:24 pm

MagicGirl79 wrote:It was also because people were eating too much of it. I still count corn on the cob as zero. I don't eat it often enough for it to make a difference and my leader agrees that that's fair enough.

Yep know about potatoes etc being points. I've been a WW since Jan 2005, seasoned points counter, ha ha. You'd think I'd have this weight loss thing down pat by now... :lol:

I've been doing it for years too!! 8 years now!!

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby big_love » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:26 am

ok guys, question....i did the formula and im supposed to be sticking to like 26 points...this seemed like heaps to me, so I have been sticking to 20...Do you think that this is ok, or do I need to be eating the higher number of points?
140/117/85
big_love

Postby MagicGirl79 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:51 am

Hi big_love,

I currently weigh 98kg and I stick to 22 points per day. The formula says I should be eating around 24, but my leader recommended I stick at 22 to make things move faster. I would think that 20 is probably a little low for you, unless you're filling up your day with masses of vegies. Maybe up it to 22/24 and see how you go?
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby electrongirl » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:28 am

they say that you should only "save" 4 points max a day, so I wouldn't go under 22 if I were you.

I wish I had 26 points!! I only get 21... :cry:

Image Image
electrongirl

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk