It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:42 pm

Free Newsletter

Why are people like this?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Why are people like this?

Postby Czarina » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:56 pm

I woke up this morning feeling really good, motivated. My partner and I had breakfast and set off on our daily walk, we were on our merry way, having a lovely time, when some moron in a passing car shouted out "Fat C---" in my direction. What a way to ruin someone's day, or at least try. I was very upset (still a bit emotional, just finishing up TTOTM) and after a few minutes my OH asked if I had made out what the moron had said, I pretended I hadn't, because I knew I would've burst into tears if I actually repeated the words.

I don't understand what people gain out of this! I know I shouldn't let it get to me, it was just some idiot that is not worth the time of day, but I can't help it, I'm human. But why someone would want to do that to anyone, especially not knowing anything about the person,why be so insensitive and judgemental. More than anything, it just makes me sad that this is what has become of the human race...
Czarina

Re: Why are people like this?

Postby KarinAnn » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:26 pm

You just have to remember that your better than that person. Your out losing weight, while all he can do is sit in his car and hurl abuse. It's hard not to let it get to you, but try and move on from it with the attitude that your better than he is.
I've never understood why people act in such stupid ways. But sadly there will always be them idiots out there.
Remember your out there getting fit and losing weight.. While that guy will always be a moron who won't get far in life.

If you see him again and he does it again.. Blow him a kiss LOL It will shut him up!

**I can and WILL do this**
KarinAnn

Postby Fiona25 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:23 pm

I'm sorry you had to be at the receiving end of such a hurtful comment hun, sometimes people really suck :cry:

As you said he is NOT worth your time, he is obviously a loser that has to yell such things out to boost his own flailing ego. Still, it doesn't take the hurt away, I know that.

I have NO idea why someone would do that, and how they can sleep at night having made someone so upset. I mean, you were out WALKING doing something about your weight, these people obviously don't know how hard you work, if they did they'd be eating their words.

You're doing so well, keep on keepin on and don't be surprised if that same idiot is whistling at you soon and you can tell him to dream on!

(((HUGS)))
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby Czarina » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:21 pm

Thanks guys, I know you are both right and Karin Ann, I love the 'blow him a kiss' suggestion! I think the reason it got to me so much was the fact that it has taken me a while to get out there and do something because I have been so embarassed about the way I look, and that's still after losing 8kg since I reached my highest weight last year. This time last year I was laid up in bed with a badly broken ankle, consequently lost my job and not surprisingly became quite depressed and that combined with hardly being able to move for months, I stacked on 20kg. I was happy to finally be out and about and doing something about my size 16-18 self, I'm not going to let some idiot (who has probably had a fast metabolism his whole life, clogs his arteries with Macca's at tea every night, and will die from a heart attack before his hits 40...)change that. My partner loves me, and that's all I really care about! :D
Czarina

Postby admin » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:02 pm

Hi Czarina,

People like the one who crossed your path today typically feel insecure about themselves and the only way they can think of to make them feel better about themselves is to put others down in a way that subconsciously says to themselves "At least I'm not as bad as them".

Unfortunately these people haven't discovered what encouraging others does for our own self-esteem.

If they had, the world would be a better place.

Scott. :D
admin
Site Admin

Postby Fiona25 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:30 pm

admin wrote:Unfortunately these people haven't discovered what encouraging others does for our own self-esteem.

SO TRUE!!!
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby JL77 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:34 pm

there just j!rks, really they are. You are such a better person then they are, please dont let morons like that upset you.. You could shout something like " I may be overweight. But I can change and be skinny, its a shame you cant change your ugly head" hahaha but then that would make you as bad as them wouldnt it lol :shock:
JEZ

Starting Weight 20/1/08 ~ 86kg
28/1/08 ~ 85kg
2 /2/08 ~ 84.2
JL77

Postby Czarina » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:22 pm

Well there may be some horrible people out there in the world, but at least there are a lot of nice ones on this forum! :D :D :D
Czarina

Postby Chrissie » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:19 pm

you know what, the moron in the car means nothing to you...he is nothing..so let the stupid comment roll off you like water off a ducks back. I can tell you now, he's not worrying about what he said. He's probably jealous because he hasn't got a partner, why would anyone want to go out with an ape like that - :lol: You keep going gal...you are doing great - keep your chin up :)
Put yourself last and you will achieve nothing. Make time and believe in yourself and you will be amazed what you can achieve
Chrissie

Postby bjay » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:28 am

You tell me this morning i woke up and started the day finding my car broken into. It has a baby seat and toys and baby oriented stuff all through it. How can someone steal money and my mobile phone that is filled with beautiful pictures of my daughter throughout her stages and not feel bad about this?? Overall i lost about $1100 worth of stuff, so why are people like this.
bjay

Return to Weight loss Talk