It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:49 am

Free Newsletter

New Young and Had enough all ready

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: New Young and Had enough all ready

Postby Jodie91 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:03 pm

Agreed there sounds like there is alot more going on in your relationship then the dieting. You really need to talk to him about what you want and if he is not willing to support you in you wants and needs then you need to be strong enough to go it alone (which you are!)

Also agree with making changes where you can like the water and fruit ideas and excercise by taking the baby for a walk by yourself - talk to the baby about the trees and the birds it feels weird but it helps and it make you feel like you are not doing it alone but with the baby :) worked for me.

Also when he talks you into going to KFC make healthy choices (yes you can even do this at KFC) the colslaw and the pot and gravy are ok add six nuggets and you have a nice healthy option DONT have chips.

If its Fish and chips he wants then watch your portion sizes one hundred grams of chips and a grilled peice of fish (lots of shops will grill now) add a home made salad and your set again.

If he can see you makeing these healthy choices he may realise how important this is to you and come on board.
Cheers
Jodie
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZZJpxa/]
[/url]
HOW WOULD YOU MAKE A MARRIAGE WORK?
Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a truck. -- Ricky, age 10
Jodie91

Postby yoyogirl88 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:44 pm

Honey, YOU need to get selfish and stand up for what YOU NEED and WANT!!!!!

Electrongirl is totally right you are not in the right frame of mind. She told me the exact same thing a few months ago.
I did what you have done in this post a few months back and i went away after reading her comment a bit mad and a bit guilty knowing that I wanst ready to take a stand so I went out for a walk thought about it an realised that I CAN do it because i NEED to!!!!!

Its up to you YOU change your life!!!!
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby JL77 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:30 pm

I have to be honest as well and agree with Nikki. Sorry but it doesnt sound as if your heart is in it 100%. I am saying this because I dont want to come down on you at all. I am saying this because you sound very much like me.

I have been trying to lose weight for years and I always so I am going to do it today but it never works, something has to click inside your head and then you will do it when you are actually ready. Trust me. Thats what happnened to me.

My click only just started but I can honestly say I have never felt so determained in my life and nothing is going to stop me. Thats what you need to feel.

Who cooks at home? Can you make seperate meals maybe?
JEZ

Starting Weight 20/1/08 ~ 86kg
28/1/08 ~ 85kg
2 /2/08 ~ 84.2
JL77

Postby bjay » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:23 am

Thanks everyone for your replies and advice. Maybe i am not ready but too be honest i dont want to be like this anymore im sick of it. I dont think i can wait around for it to hit me that i need to change because i feel that every day. If i dont reach out and force this to work and force myself into this it will never happen on its own. I dont seem to sound rude but i think that my partner and my relationship doesnt come into this as far as it is thought. I respect his opinion but i dont think i need to wait and see if one day i go "hey lets get skinny"
I need to move forward and make it happen. I just have to or it will never ever happen!!
Bjay
bjay

Postby electrongirl » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:49 am

thats exactly the attitude you need.

No more excuses JUST DO IT!

The only reason we bought up your relationship was because you mentioned how your partner isn't very helpful with your weightloss efforts. And we only offered advice based on what you were telling us!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby carls » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:05 am

i hope you listen to what people are saying, cause they are all wise souls!!

as for not knowing how to cook.... just give it ago!

i moved to melbourne from brisbane in 2006, had no idea with cooking.

buy a george foreman grill, put chicken in it, add salad. yummo!
Image[/url]
carls

Postby ali76 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:23 pm

I'm with Carls!

I'm a terrible cook :oops: but for me the key is being prepared. I make sure I always have heaps of fresh fruit and veggies (my sister owns a fruit and veg shop so that's the easy bit!). I keep the freezer well stocked with different meat and I take something out of the freezer every morning for dinner that night - it's normally something easy that I pop onto George (Foreman!) and by the time I've made my salad, the meat is cooked!

If my partner wants something else, he makes it himself...or quite often he'll have the same meat as me and then oven bake some chips (no carbs for me after 4pm!).

He was reluctant to join my healthy lifestyle but when he sees me coming home all hot and sweaty from the gym after work, he's quick to put his sneakers on and go for a run...he won't have me out do him!

You need to do this for YOU. If you want it badly enough, nothing and no one will stop you.
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:52 am

Hi Bjay,
sorry my reply is a little late - I've been taking a little break from the forum! You're 17yo and have a bub, plus an unhelpful hubby and a whole new raft of skills to learn. It' ok to feel like you don't know where to start, that's normal, but please, just start anywhere!

If he's not ready to make changes, so be it. But YOU can make changes. There is a recipe section on here to give you some cooking ideas, just start simple and work up from there! perhaps try making healthy versions of the things you have from takeaway. Maybe grill some ghicken breast sprinkled with some spices and pop it in a wholemeal bun with some salads and a low fat dressing (omit the dressing if you want to keep it even lower!). Same can be done for pizza on say a wholemeal pita bread with lots of vege toppings, some light meat option and a little cheese. This isn't too scary a change for him (or you) and will start broadening your horizons.

Perhaps make time to do some exercise every day - even just 30 min of walking. That's what I started with and how I lost my first kg's. If he doesn't want to come, that's fine, do it anyway, maybe take bubs in the pram for some fresh air if possible. Maybe start drinking more water.

It's these small changes that make the difference - just make one small change at a time until you get used to it and before you know it your weight will start to drop.

Your relationship is your own, however I hope you feel comfortable. If you feel controlled and uncomfortable, please ask for help.

Cheers,
Tegan
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk