It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:09 pm

Free Newsletter

back on track, but questioning my weight loss method

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

back on track, but questioning my weight loss method

Postby Chrissie » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:02 pm

Hi all...I am back on track after being off of my Kate Morgan shakes and eating all the wrong things and smoking ( a 1 week binge!) :twisted: But the last few days have felt light headed and have had headaches...Im wondering if it's detox :( has anyone experienced this?...I am thinking that maybe the shakes aren't really the way to go and that I should try an eating plan. Kate Morgan makes you lose weight quickly, but at what cost - if I feel sick again or go on eating binges am I teaching myself the right habits? Has anyone have any good eating plans and exercise regimes they could suggest :? Some time I feel like chucking the whole diet thing in - sometimes it feels too hard :cry:
Put yourself last and you will achieve nothing. Make time and believe in yourself and you will be amazed what you can achieve
Chrissie

Re: back on track, but questioning my weight loss method

Postby electrongirl » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:17 pm

Hi Chrissie,

I went on the Tony Ferguson diet and got very sick from them. I had really bad headaches, diarrhea, dizziness, you name it.

Some people do have great success on shake diets but I don't think they are for everyone.

Maybe give calorie counting or something like Weight Watchers a go. I have tried many different things but always have gone back to WW as they teach you how to change your life. You need to make lifestyle changes for it to work.

Eating good heathy food, small portions and exercising is the basic principle in an eating plan that will work!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Chrissie » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:36 pm

I think you are right? - does WW cost a lot and what is involved, meetings? etc
Put yourself last and you will achieve nothing. Make time and believe in yourself and you will be amazed what you can achieve
Chrissie

Postby Jodie91 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:48 pm

I tried the shake things and experienced headaches and extreme tiredness so stopped them and very quickly gained all weight lost back again. Think they work well if you have alot of weight to loose as a kick start but at some stage you have to adopt a healty eating plan.

WW is good as it teachs you how to change you lifestyle and how to cook the right types of food etc. the costs a a bit high but the benefits are good. The joining fee is $33 and then weekly fees are around $18 for non concession (from memory dont quote me) you can get a free joining voucher from there web site. I found that once I had got all of the parper work the point books etc that the meetings became less motivational and more of a chore (?) also finding the time to attend meetings is difficult. However for all that WW is a great way to loose weight and keep it off long term IMO

Cheers
Jodie
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZZJpxa/]
[/url]
HOW WOULD YOU MAKE A MARRIAGE WORK?
Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a truck. -- Ricky, age 10
Jodie91

Postby electrongirl » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:15 pm

I always take advantage of the free joining vouchers and I sign up for Unlimited which is $64.80 a month which works out to be $14.95 a week. With that you get online tools on their website and meetings included. You do have to get the points guides in the beginning but they are only about $20 odd dollars.

The meetings are a great source of support and info. If you want to give it a go, look for a free joining fee voucher and pay as you go for a couple of weeks then if you like it get one of the package plans (they are cheaper).

I highly recommend Weight Watchers!! If you want to know anything about it just ask!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Chrissie » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:11 pm

:) Thanks guys for your info - I will definatelly be looking into WW. I have about a weeks supply of shakes left, so I will finish them off first. As said before I think Kate Morgan is good to kick start weight loss, as I have lost about 4kg, however to maintain long term is very hard. A friend of mine told me that her friend (who is stick thin) had been on them for 3 years :shock: do you believe that? - no wonder she looked so miserable :cry: What would you have to look forward to each day...gee a yummy shake to please the appetitie :lol: once again guys...thanks
Chrissie

Postby Siana-leah » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:34 pm

hey chrissie....
i agree that you have to find out what works for you....this doesnt seem to be the shakes though.
i have done many different diets and failed them all....what i do take away from those experiences is information on
my body and my mind.
at the moment i am trying to eat a balanced diet with smaller portions and more fruit and vegetables...it works for me....
gather as much info as you can about different diets and you will quickly see what is achievable to you....
:D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWJeIU2/]
[/url]
Siana-leah

Return to Weight loss Talk