It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:09 am

Free Newsletter

i feel like a fat slob

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

i feel like a fat slob

Postby Rockequeen » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:24 pm

i have 3 kids all under 5 , since then ive been struggling with my weight, i joined the gym for 12 months but only lost 2 kilos,
so i quit , i saw a doc then she refered me to a dietition for 4 free sessions, so far im just staring to eat 3 meals a day i use to skip meals, as i thought it would get the weight of. im am 98 kilos, at times i feel like a fat slob my friends tell me dont think like that but i cant help it , the diettition whats me to lose 10 kilos by april, i dont think i can do it, at the moment im doing a 30 min walk each day, and once my bikes fixed ill be doing some bike rideing daily, i know the bike works as in 2000 i lost weight in 6 months , all i did was bike rideing, as a kid i was fat, i lost some then wacked it on from unhealthy eating i use to eat to much junk.
Rockequeen

Re: i feel like a fat slob

Postby bjay » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:49 pm

Hi my name is bjay. I feel terrible pretty much all the time all my friends and my partner tell me that i need to think positive but its so hard to go down the street and have to deal with all the people, clothes and food thats out there and it just seems to get you down. Sometimes i get the feeling that i can do it and i take my daughter for a power walk. I reach my destination my endorphins slow down and i feel like a fat slob who is trying for no reason. It seems like the more i exercise the less happens to my weight. Please dont feel alone i feel the same way.
Bjay
bjay

Postby Siana-leah » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:52 pm

hello rockequeen and bjay....
i felt the same way not too long ago....you go to exercise but are constantly wondering what ppl are thinking and
so you start feeling down and by the time u get home you feel like eating the most unhealthy thing u have lying around.
I have 2 kids and i feel tired a lot of the time...i actually exercise at home more than i go out because it is easier with the kids
and the weather is too much for these kids....so hot here in Perth right now!!
The thing is if you worry too much about what ppl are thinking....you will be in exactly the same position in a year or 2 years time...you
are the one who can change yourself and get a brand new body.....for those ppl who are thinking ur fat or even going as far as to say a nasty comment about it....they r stuck being careless so and so's.....whereas you can change your appearance.
Keep going and approach each day as if you have just started your diet....
hope that this makes sense.... :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWJeIU2/]
[/url]
Siana-leah

Postby JL77 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:06 pm

Firstly welcome to the forum :D

Before giving any advice I just wanted to ask how often you weigh yourself? and ask, do you think it would benifit you to put the scales away and try not to worry about the amount you actually weigh and maybe set new goals which will help you work towards your feelings concentrating on how your clothes fit etc?
JEZ

Starting Weight 20/1/08 ~ 86kg
28/1/08 ~ 85kg
2 /2/08 ~ 84.2
JL77

Postby Rockequeen » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:15 pm

Siana-leah yes that makes alot of sence, thankyou
Rockequeen

Postby Rockequeen » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:21 pm

JL77 i never do, i'm scared of what the results will be , incase ive put more kilos back on,
Rockequeen

Postby JL77 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:39 pm

Rockequeen wrote:JL77 i never do, i'm scared of what the results will be , incase ive put more kilos back on,

Oh ok well heres an idea. Maybe get someone to weigh for you, and just tell you if you have lost or not. Dont you look at the scales. It may give you motivation to work extra hard if someone else is weighing for you
JEZ

Starting Weight 20/1/08 ~ 86kg
28/1/08 ~ 85kg
2 /2/08 ~ 84.2
JL77

Postby hysterical_oliver » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:05 pm

Rockequeen if you are exercising even a little bit and are eating healthily/what has been prescribed to you they is absolutely no reason why you couldn't lose more than 10 kilos by April. Find your inspiration and stay strong, we're all here for you :wink:
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Return to Weight loss Talk