It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:27 am

Free Newsletter

Just wondering....

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Just wondering....

Postby Butterfly » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:04 pm

If you dont mind sharing, what will you do (for yourself) when you get to your goal weight? What is that 1 thing that you keep in mind when you are exercising or putting salad in your mouth when all you really want is chocolate? What is it that keeps you going and is your goal at the end of the road?
Butterfly

Postby Skyelee » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:03 pm

Hi Butterfly,
Good question, as I'm sure everybody loses motivation at some point. Personally mine is my new baby girl - I want to be able to set a good example for her as she grows up about proper nutriton and exercise. My second motivation at the moment is the fact that I haven't yet lost all the 'baby weight' and I can't fit into any of my old clothes!! :lol:
I hope you enjoy it here, I'm only new myself and have already noticed the welcoming and supportive nature of everyone here.
Cheers, Skye
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Skyelee

Postby Dolly » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:55 pm

When I get to my weight loss goal, I will then throw more social functions at home and buy nice clothes that show off my figure for a change.
Dolly

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:40 pm

I'm not really doing it as a short term diet thing, more as a lifestyle change to be a healthier, fitter (and I'm noticing happier) person, so there really will be no end point. But I will be having to get a heap of new clothes!!!

For me, what keeps me motivated is the desire to not have my knees and ankles aching all the time. If I ever need a reminder of what that feels like, I pick up the bloke's power supply that weighs as much as I have lost to date. That thing is HEAVY. Never again.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby mariedumont » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:20 am

It will be an ongoing thing for me, I want a lifestyle change so it's more tahn justy losing weight.

But once I do reach my ideal weight (which will not be for some time) as a reward I will go out and buy clothes and shoes that I would never have been able to fit into, go to the beach and show off my body.

And I look forward to being able to run in public without that *clapping*, be able to do things without pulling at my clothes and working on ways to look less fat, hopefully have a boyfriend, go to an amusement park and go on the rides that I have never been able to go on because my butt was always to big to fit in the seats, sit in any chairs without the worry of them breaking...simple things like not having my chest try to suffocate me when I lie on my back...I look forward to all these things.
mariedumont

Postby Groovychic » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:00 pm

Well my reward was going to be a boob job but since seeing a report on one of those current affair things I am having 2nd thoughts!!! My partner has always said to me you should exercise to be fit, not to be thin! Which is a true thing but the thin bit would be nice as well. At the moment I am concentrating on walking to Singapore. I am determined to walk there and then I can fly there as my reward. My sister is helping(hhhmmm not very much by the way!!!) sort of helping me with the kms! We are both going and we are walking there and will tally our kms. I haven't really changed my eating habits all that much, which I know I probably should, it is more about exercising a lot more for me. I have always been a walker but I am making the most of the time I exercise now by exercising harder. And the fact that my stomach has gone down nearly 10cms is a huge thing for me. Only another 10 to go I reckon!!! I am happy with the results at the moment and I vow never ever to get that big around my stomach again. And if I have to buy a treadmill to do this then that will be what will happen! I've hired this one but I think I will purchase one when my hire runs out. I really do enjoy doing it. I feel great afterwards. And I don't think that will change, even if I get to the ideal weight range!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby mariedumont » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:19 pm

Wow that's pretty cool, I'd like cosmetic surgery once I lose weight too...nothing too drastic though. I think if you're going to get it done you really have to do a lot of research and be prepared to pay a little more.
Totally, but then being fit does help more on the road to weight loss too, that's so lovely of your partner to say that though...what a sweetie.

Wow walking to Singapore, what an adventure, how exciting, you must be looking forward to it!

I'm trying to change my eating habits, trying to eat more healthier, it's hard but I need to do it. That's pretty lucky for you only being an excersise thing I need both otherwise nothing comes off.
Wow 10cms! that's fantastic congrats! how long have you been working at it? you should be very proud that's such an accomplishment! I have a treadmill but I also have a dog that needs walking so the treadmill doesn't get much of a workout anymore but I have a stair climber taht I've started using again. If your looking for a cheap one you could look in your local classified ads they normall have heaps of good ones that have hardly been used listed and they're cheaper then what you would pay brand new.

ttyl
Katie
mariedumont

Postby KimE » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:23 pm

Well I too am looking at this as a lifestyle change but have set 3 mini goals for each 10kg mark I get to.

10 kgs - digital camera (because then I won't mind getting my photos taken as much - at least thats the plan)

20 kgs - gym membership (I am walking for 30 mins most days at the moment but later want to bump it up to something more intense at least 3 times a week. Although this is a tricky one as I hear of so many ppl who pay for it and never use it!)

30 kgs - new wardrobe gonna need it by then anyway!
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:55 pm

Hey wait, I lied, I do have a reward when I get to my goal weight. I will allow myself to buy a pair of these beautiful bright wool denim jeans for $100 since then I'll have an incentive not to put any back on!!!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Weight loss Talk