It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:05 pm

Free Newsletter

what about holding on to skinny clothes?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: what about holding on to skinny clothes?

Postby Fireball » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:02 pm

Chrissie, have a good think about it. Do you really think you will be able to fit back into those cute denim shorts??? If the answer is yes, keep hold of them. Put them in a gold frame and hang them on the wall in your bedroom so they are the first thing you see every morning when you wake up. :mrgreen: That will help motivate you. I don't believe in torturing yourself. If you don't think you will be able to lose the weight, there is no point in pouring yourself into uncomfortably tight shorts so you have odd bits hanging out - not a good look. :oops: So why not get rid of them? Go shopping and find something new that you love in a size that you believe you can reach. Make that your goal.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan

Postby talia11 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:13 am

I have a pair of size 14 Golf Punk jeans (they are more 10-12) I bought them on sale (anyone who knows this brand knows how expensive they are) they still have the tags but I will fit into them one day - they are my inspiration - I have had them for 3 years now.... :lol:
Carmen - Weight Watchers -Goal 72kg

Postby ProudMumOf1 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:15 pm

I have a few size 10-12 that I am keeping hold of. I WILL get a back into them. I think it's a great idea to have something you loved keep it as inspiration:)
Jennifer (Single Mum) 22

SW - 93kg on 12.01.08
CW - 84.3kg on 29.03.08
GW - 65kg

3rd MINI GOAL - 78kg (15kg lost) = $50 into Clothing Kitty ($150 TTL)

Postby phatcappy » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:12 am

i kept all my skinny clothes. for the past 4 years my aunt buys me clothes for my birthday and christmas, but she always gets too small a size so i never fit into them. So i kept them all in a box, and now that ive lost weight they fit, which is awesome because now i dont have to replace my wardrobe, and has saved me hundreds :) I also think its a great incentive. The wierd thing is when i look in the mirror i dont see myself as having lost weight, but when i can fit into a pair of size 36 (mens) boardies that only a few months ago i could barly fit my legs through ( i was a size 40), it really makes me feel good.
Start Weight: 109 Kg's

Current Weight: 91.2 Kg's

Mini Goal Weight:90 Kg's

Ultimate Goal Weight: 83 Kg's

Return to Weight loss Talk