It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:34 am

Free Newsletter

Calorie King Who uses it?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Calorie King Who uses it?

Postby Jodie91 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:18 pm

Hi Everyone,
I have seen many mentions of calorie king on here and wondered who uses it as a daily record? Is it good to use? Do you find it useful as a weight loss tool? Any other info you would like to give me would be helpful. I am currently doing weight watchers and finding it ok but plugged my food intake into calorie king and apparently I am eating way below my cals but I am eating all of my points each day????? :?

Cheers
Jodie
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZZJpxa/]
[/url]
HOW WOULD YOU MAKE A MARRIAGE WORK?
Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a truck. -- Ricky, age 10
Jodie91

Re: Calorie King Who uses it?

Postby Tummygirl » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:42 pm

I use Calorie Counter everyday. I find it good because i can organise my meals and see what is best for me. Also great if your going out for dinner you can sorta plan ahead.

When i first got the book I carried it everywhere i went and took it shopping too, but im not that good with it now. But when im curious its always in my bag.
Cassie xox

Starting Weight 140 kg
Loss To Date 5 kg
Current Weight 135 KG
Tummygirl

Postby sassi » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:55 pm

i use it - i stopped for a while & have gone back to it because it really does help me.

are you looking at your maintenance cals or cals for weight loss? i know my daily cals for me to stay at the same weight is pretty high, but my weight loss cals are around 1500.

otherwise, i'd just keep using cal king as a secondary guide but use your ww points as your main guide.
sassi

Postby Czarina » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:40 pm

I've been using Calorie King for almost a fortnight now, and I'm finding it really good. It helps me keep track of what I'm eating, and it let me know I was eating way too few calories, I actually struggle to get up to the recommended amount most days. It seems to be working so far though!
Czarina

Postby yoyogirl88 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:14 pm

I use CK and love it, I am getting lazy with it of late but am finding that I am actually eating about the same as what I was eating and its a great way to organise (if you are like me and cannot do it yourself to save your life).

I also have the book and carry it around in my handbag and is great for when I almost lose my will against all those.... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm chocolate... yes those :D !!!!!!!
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby Jodie91 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:45 pm

Yeah I was looking at my cal to loose weight 1470 or there abouts I have honestly eaten rubbish today and apparently I am still below that. OK no chocolate but thats not my weakness mine is cheese and bread.

Oh well i will stick to the WW for now and see how things go might do a bit more comparison with CK thou and see what happens

Thanks for the replies

Cheers
Jodie
[/url]
Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a truck. -- Ricky, age 10
Jodie91

Postby milkyway » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:18 am

I try to use CK but too many of the foods I eat just aren't in there and it's too hard to put in 101 individual ingredients :(
But it's great to enter the foods that I do usually eat so I can at least get a rough idea of how many cals I'm consuming.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:23 pm

I love CK! I find it helps me make healthier choices with my food. I'll plug in hypothetical meals and see how they effect my overall daily calorie intake before deciding what to eat. It also helps me correct any food misconceptions I have. Yesterday I thought I'd pigged out because I chose different food to what I normally would. Once I put the meals and snacks into CK I realised that they weren't that high in calories after all.

If WW is working for you there's no reason to double up with CK as well. In fact it could get confusing trying to combine the two systems. If you're finding WW isn't working for you and you like the idea of counting calories then try CK for a week and see how you go.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Jodie91 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:38 pm

Yeah I am trying CK this week and so far have to say im enjoying being able to plug my meals into it and see what happen and also being able to add water and excercise too. I have found that it has motivated me to excersice more cos i can see the excercise comming off of my cal count. Will see how it goes this week before i decide what way i am going to go

Cheers
Jodie
[/url]
Jodie91

Return to Weight loss Talk