It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:54 pm

Free Newsletter

Musashi and other products

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Musashi and other products

Postby kittykat84 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:25 pm

Hi everyone,

My PT told me I should eat/drink something high in protein following my gym sessions. Today I saw the musashi products, one of which is high in protein and meant to boost fat metabolism. Has anyone used these or something similar, or have any input about this at all? I am really clueless about this kind of stuff and would appreciate any help!!

Re: Musashi and other products

Postby bferbear » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:59 pm

I take a protein supplement called Fast Whey which comes in powdered form just adding water. It contains no caffeine or carbohydrate, it is pure protein. As a brand though Musashi is well recognised, and I am sure they do a supplement that is 100% protein.

I would be wary of any supplements that infer they speed up fat burning and increase metabolism, as more often than not they come with side effects. In order to increase your metabolism they include high doses of caffeine or other stimulants such as ephedrine. One of my friends was using an over the counter fat burning supplement and it led to him having a mild heart attack.

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:27 pm

I use a protein shake called Nature's Way. It's made from soy protein so it's vegan friendly. I'm not sure about the fat metabolising abilities of Musashi products, but as Bfer said you should beware of any claims like that. Go to a health food shop, read the container, talk to the staff, then look it all up on the web and do some solid research before deciding on whether to use it or not. If you have any existing health problems talk to your doctor about it too. Protein's good for rebuilding muscles so it's always a good thing to have following exercise, especially weight-training. You can find plenty of protein supplements that don't have any extra products added to them.

Postby Chelle » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:09 pm

I use the MUSASHI SIM protein blend Fat Metabolising formula most days for breaky or even after a Gym session.

It increases the protein intake & helps stimulate the natural metabolism & assist in the reduction of fat storage, it also helps with lossing weight if you work & eat right with it & gives me more energy level which is somthing that helps atm with being pregnant.

Return to Weight loss Talk