It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:10 pm

Free Newsletter

Measure and Weigh...??`

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Measure and Weigh...??`

Postby ali76 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:05 am

Hi all,

I'm finding that I'm losing motivation...I seem to work really hard both in my diet and at the gym, but the scales just don't seem to reflect it. Some of my clothes are becoming a little looser though. I only weigh myself but I was wondering if everyone measures themselves too..??
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Re: Measure and Weigh...??`

Postby Tarz » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:25 am

I have been told that muscle weighs more then fat, so maybe your thats whats happening in your case. The fat you may have is turning into muscle which would explain why your clothes are loser. I've started to take my measurements after not getting any results last week even though i worked really hard.
Tarz

Postby loveat116 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:29 am

Sometimes fat loss just doesn't show up on the scales.

You could be retaining water or constipated or anything. I take measurements, I wish that I took them when I started. If your clothes are feeling looser thats a great sign!
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby oostevens » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:57 am

I have done both :)

I try and measure every 1-2wks and I weigh every week. As said above, sometimes my weight doesn't change but my measurements do :) and muscle weighs more right? lol

I would do both and don't get discouraged if your weight doesn't go down, but your measurements do :) it just means you got some muscle in there :p and yay for muscle
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:11 pm

I keep meaning to measure myself, but I keep losing my tape measure! If your clothes are fitting better then it's definitely an indication you are doing the right thing. Measuring might help keep your spirits up when the scales let you down.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Moomoo » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:16 pm

I measured and took photos at the start

I said I'd do it again after 5kgs lost but I think I'll do it tonight (Unoffically i'm now up to 5kg lost this morning)
Moomoo

Postby Nikerz82 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:24 am

Hey everyone. I do both aswell as take pictures. What your going through is perfectly normal. The scales not mooving has got to be the most frustrating thing for ppl trying to loose weight but keep in mind that its not your lack of trying but it could be anything from retaining water, to getting your monthlies, If your clothes are getting looser your getting slimmer which is a great sign. Be persistant they'll move soon, it may just take a couple of weeks.

Dont give up :wink:
Nikerz82

Postby ali76 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:47 am

I took some photos the other day which I promise to upload tonight when I get home! :oops:

AND - after the gym tonight, I'm scooting across the road (literally as I ride a scooter!!) and getting myself a tape measure so I can start posting those results too....

I'm getting obsessed!! :oops:
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Moomoo » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:30 pm

In my Friday weigh ins I have only lost 200g in the last 3 weeks but my pants keep falling down! I weighed this morning and the scales said 100kg which is a total of 5.5kg lost !! Yipee! I may not have lost a lot on the scales in the last few weeks but there is definately something going on :D
Moomoo

Postby Fiona25 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:05 pm

Congrats Moo Moo!

I get montly measurments done at Curves, but will be cancelling my contract soon so will do them myself. I know how hard it is to stomach a crappy weigh in result when you've worked SO hard. I lost almost 14cm one month even though I only had a scale loss of 2kgs.

I got my measurements done at 63.5kgs, I wish I got them at 66!
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby Fireball » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:02 pm

I definelty agree measuring is a good tool. Even if you are losing weight you could be adding a lot more muscle bulk so see bigger changes than by tracking your weight alone. I have trouble getting around to measuring so only do it every month or so. Unfortunately in my case I have numbers from a few years back and thye have gone up not down so it's not a pretty picture. :lol: (I dont find that depressing as I feel I'm finally on track with what i am doing.)

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Return to Weight loss Talk